No announcement yet.

Any word on Palace/Throne Room screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Palace/Throne Room screen?

Just wondering. If old, let me know.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

No word in Civ 4.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I hope it's in.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I´d say this is the least important part of the game. I wouldn´t miss it...
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

While I don't care all that much, I don't see them dropping the concept. It's something that's been a part of Civ since the beginning. Especially if they're bringing back wonder movies, I don't think they'll toss out the Palace/Throne.

Comment

They could still add something that performs the same function.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Based on the fact that they want everything to be on one screen I wouldn't be suprised if they dropped this concept
              But doesn't really matter since the throne room in Civ2 was boring and the palace view in Civ3 was boring AND annoying
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

But the city view was pretty neat. Though, it would have been neater had each city not had the same basic layout.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The city view in Civ1 was the best city view in any Civ game, even though the view was randomized each time you saw the city, but at least the cities didn't always look-a-like
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

While it is total pointless and even kinda dumb, I still miss the Throne Room.
                    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
                    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
                    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

It probably wouldn't be very difficult to mod in.

Comment

I like the throne room or the palace idea... It's all about giving the player a sense of reward. And in the next game the player can say to himself: "hey, let's see if I can finish decorating that room/palace this time".
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                          I like the throne room or the palace idea... It's all about giving the player a sense of reward. And in the next game the player can say to himself: "hey, let's see if I can finish decorating that room/palace this time".
                          Indeed.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Citizen-built 'reward' statues in your capital would be nice!
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Civ 2's throne room was the best IMO as was their advisors.

There will never be another game that has that classic feel to it.

"Give me more soldiers noble leader so that they may sheath their swords in the beating hearts of our enemies!"

That's just good stuff that can't be duplicated or imitated.
                              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X