Clear All

Ahhh, brings back memories

Now what the hell are they saying?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Wait, GT, you have an American flag...

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon
        Actually, I thought the throne room was the worst of the three. Not because I like the idea of a palace more than a throne room, but because there was no choice as to the appearance of the throne room. The palaces in Civs 1 and 3 allowed the player to mix and match the architecture of the palace.
        But it was ugly if you did mix them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Wait, GT, you have an American flag...
          and......
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

... and that's not English as far as I can tell.

Comment

... and that's not English as far as I can tell.
              indeed, I google searched for an image and that is what I found.

I felt it would be quicker than installing and making a screenie

Comment

He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                  umm..time to insert dis
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm not even sure if I can install the game again. The last time I saw the CD was when I was packing it into some box to get ready to move... now where did I put that box

Wasn't the movies just placed as .avi files on the CD? So you don't actually need to install the game to see it... of course you wont be able to see them talking to each other
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                      umm..time to insert dis
                      't Was just funny how you baited Kuci here, on purpose or not doesn't matter.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                        I'm not even sure if I can install the game again. The last time I saw the CD was when I was packing it into some box to get ready to move... now where did I put that box

Wasn't the movies just placed as .avi files on the CD? So you don't actually need to install the game to see it... of course you wont be able to see them talking to each other
                        Im like you, I packed it up to make room for other cd's

oh well..

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

't Was just funny how you baited Kuci here, on purpose or not doesn't matter.
                          not I, I dont really try it well, just happens?

actually, at first I thought he was posting in wrong thread, as I had, er..um..been trolling over in the Canadian geese pond and old Krazy Horse and a few got wet panties about issues between USA and Canada...thought he was confused why I was defending Canada

Comment

Sense of achievment is an important part of a Civ game, but you can satisfy only the warmonger, looking at your expanding colour on the minimap...

So we needs Palace, or Throne, or Statue, or a growing harem of beauty (female or male, as you like, for Political correctness)...

Just to offer food for minds, what about a kind of "museum gallery" showing picture of your civilization success?

Starting with a kind of graffiti on a stone (e.g. for the first battle victory, then the painting of a wonder, a statue of a great people to remember (gold era trigger), then photo of a first discovery, then movie clips of a relevant diplomatic agreement...

I mean, for a new achievment we can have slighty different style of this "artistic memo" according to current level of discovery.

A minimalist version of the wonder movie, indeed, just putted on a "palace/culture place/holy place wall".
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
                              Sense of achievment is an important part of a Civ game, but you can satisfy only the warmonger, looking at your expanding colour on the minimap...

So we needs Palace, or Throne, or Statue, or a growing harem of beauty (female or male, as you like, for Political correctness)...

Just to offer food for minds, what about a kind of "museum gallery" showing picture of your civilization success?

Starting with a kind of graffiti on a stone (e.g. for the first battle victory, then the painting of a wonder, a statue of a great people to remember (gold era trigger), then photo of a first discovery, then movie clips of a relevant diplomatic agreement...

I mean, for a new achievment we can have slighty different style of this "artistic memo" according to current level of discovery.

A minimalist version of the wonder movie, indeed, just putted on a "palace/culture place/holy place wall".
                              great input

I do like

Comment

But it was ugly if you did mix them.
                                And...?

I used to like to mix-and-match, especially if I was playing the Mongols. The ecclectic style seemed to suit them.

I wouldn't mind if they did a mix-and-match version of the throne room.
                                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Working...
                                X