Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberShy
    I like the idea of missionairies.
    This way even during peace times you can have your 'war'. Not walking around with soldiers, but with missionairies, to try to expand your influence as much as possible.

Yeah me too. I liked the cleric and the televangelist in Call To Power.

I liked caravans too- considering how important they were, and how attacking them in the real world could net you big money, or set off conflicts, I'd have liked to see them come back. Sea borne caravans too- like the silver fleet to Manila, or the junks from China to Japan, or the caravels from India to Europe.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Yeah me too. I liked the cleric and the televangelist in Call To Power.

I'm not convinced what we've seen is the full scope of how conversion works...

Comment

And your point is ?

I'm just saying I liked the units, that's all.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Those were separate comments.

I think the conversions will be more deep than simply "move missionary to city, hit convert" - that is probably just one step.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Those were separate comments.

I think the conversions will be more deep than simply "move missionary to city, hit convert" - that is probably just one step.
            What were separate comments ?

In any case, saying I liked the units in Call To Power doesn't imply that I expect units with the same function to appear in Civ 4, does it ?

I liked the look of the televangelist, and I liked some of the functions of the cleric. It hardly means I have oracular knowledge about what's going to happen in Civ 4.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
              What were separate comments ?
              :shame and "I'm not convinced..."

In any case, saying I liked the units in Call To Power doesn't imply that I expect units with the same function to appear in Civ 4, does it ?

No. I was just saying you should be ashamed of liking the units in CtP

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

No. I was just saying you should be ashamed of liking the units in CtP
                Feh. Seen my avatar ?

Comment

You should be ashamed of that too

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                    Given the importance they are giving to the new religious aspect of the game, I do not think it would be advisable to do so. You will probably be putting yourself at a severe disadvantage.

Unless my favored secular option is available.
                    And if on wishes to play as a faithless technocracy?

There should be an atheist choice.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X