No announcement yet.

System Requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, to sum it up, game will not be playable on most of the laptops (including mine), since they usually have integrated graphics.
    damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso
      so, to sum it up, game will not be playable on most of the laptops (including mine), since they usually have integrated graphics.
      damn.
      It works on integrated graphics with at least 64 MB and that supports T & L.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• I have tested the program I linked to simulate T&L on Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic. It works! Just select the option of "Force Software T&L". Mind you, it is slow, but nonetheless it is playable and speed is even less of an issue in a turn-based strategy game.
        Rome rules

Comment

• I have a AMD Athlon processor 2.08 GHz. Do you think that the game on large maps would work?
          I know I have the ram 512. Shared video card at 64MB will be upgraded. Im thinking that by the end of the year computors will have more options and will support most of the new games. Upgrade or new computor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
            I have a AMD Athlon processor 2.08 GHz. Do you think that the game on large maps would work?
            I know I have the ram 512. Shared video card at 64MB will be upgraded. Im thinking that by the end of the year computors will have more options and will support most of the new games. Upgrade or new computor?
            I would only upgrade the video card, and maybe the ram. Your processor speed will be fine, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman
              I have tested the program I linked to simulate T&L on Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic. It works! Just select the option of "Force Software T&L". Mind you, it is slow, but nonetheless it is playable and speed is even less of an issue in a turn-based strategy game.
              Definitely something people with cheap, integrated graphics should keep in mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

No, it will probably refuse to run. I had an integrated chip with no T&L when I got Pirates! and the game would start crashing about 10 minutes in and get progressively worse. And Civ 4 will be using the same engine.
                have you tried any utilities that would force programs to use software T&L instead?
                I'm about to buy a new mid range laptop, but the one I want doesn't have hardware T&L!

Does anyone know of any laptops that do have hardware t&L ? There don't seem to be many!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

Since graphics cards seems to be the hardest nut to crack regarding Civ4 I found this: http://video-cards.carte3d.com/gpu.php has a comparative chart of around 190 graphic processors. All the specs you ever wanted to know and more...
                  When you look at the tables what does "program" mean under T&L????
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I'm afraid the only computer I have that can play it is my laptop from work. I don't want to have to buy a new computer.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

When you look at the tables what does "program" mean under T&L????
                      I´m not sure. It could mean that it supports T&L via software, but that doesn´t make sense since it apparently was hardware supported from the beginning...

And it could mean that the person who made the website hasn´t a clue.

I´ve been meaning to ask Nvidia and ATI about this by mail or telephone. This is highly irritating. There´s no mention of T&L in the specs at ATI or Nvidia. This could mean that T&L support is so basic nowadays that it isn´t considered a feature. Or it could meant that it isn´t supported out of the box, but I don´t think that´s so. It´s probably the former.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                      X