Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential problem in religion-based diplomacy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thin-skinned types can go and play Lemmings or something.
    Poor Lemmings..
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Let's call PETL !

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

I think Condoleeza has better things to do than play online-Civ. After all she´s playing the real thing 24/7...
        Nah, she's following her favorite NFL team more than anything else. The trips around the world are just a cover.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Re: Potential problem in religion-based diplomacy ?

Originally posted by aneeshm
          From what I have been able to gather , an AI can ask you to convert as part of a deal .

Now , this means that you , too , should be able to ask for conversion in return for something else . This means that someone cas ask someone else to convert as part of a peace negotiation ( "Convert to Buddhism or else !" ) .

Now imagine that I make a scenario ( like the Crusades ) where the objective is to either convert or annex the other side ( this is possible due to the new customisability , at lease so I hope ) . Some people may deem this very offensive ( some of the thinner-skinned , PC obsessive people around the world ) . How does Firaxis plan to resolve this ?
          What you are describing here, seems me like a very fun and historical way to play. Wars like that played a huge role in the middle ages and beyond.

I'm completely against stuff like that in real live but this is a GAME, a game where I shall sometimes play as a religious zealot, a nuclear madman, an enlightened civilization,... because it is fun to do stuff like that in a game.

Comment

Working...
          X