No announcement yet.

'Official' releasedate: November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or that the price is 20-30% higher for a laptop with equivalent power to a desktop
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

The only notebook issue I have with Civ III is the annoying key pad issue; it has plenty of power.

I'd defintely like to see in Civ IV the following options maped to other keys which interfere with numeric keyboard mapping of notebooks:

Irrigation : How about renaming to Farming so it can use "f"?
      Mining : How about renaming to Hamering so it can use "h"?

And please map "*" to a "0" inside the gold / gold per turn fields in negoiations, so I don't have to turn off the numeric key pad for that.

---

Yahoo should also add on their invalid password message in addition to the caps lock being on the numeric key pad being on. I've often forgotten I left numeric key pad on.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
        The only notebook issue I have with Civ III is the annoying key pad issue; it has plenty of power.

I'd defintely like to see in Civ IV the following options maped to other keys which interfere with numeric keyboard mapping of notebooks:

Irrigation : How about renaming to Farming so it can use "f"?
        Mining : How about renaming to Hamering so it can use "h"?

And please map "*" to a "0" inside the gold / gold per turn fields in negoiations, so I don't have to turn off the numeric key pad for that.
        I think it'd just make most sense to allow some mechanism for the player to redefine the keys.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Low end is of course a matter of view, but I have a 3 year old(If not older) computer running on a P4 2GHz, 512 MB RAM. And as 3 year is the "standard" life span of a computer(well, that certainly has changed, I can play all my games on this computer with no problems...), that should at most be regarded as a medium end computer I guess.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The game will be 3D, so whatever graphics card and RAM you have will determine how smooth the interface will work. I know my 1,5 year old system ran Doom3 just fine. Is the Pirates' graphics engine more or less challenging?
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we’ll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Civilization IV PC to 11/1/2005. The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be considered firm. We will update this date again as we receive new information. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

To check the status of your order, please visit https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccoun...us/default.asp

If you need further assistance, you can reply to this e-mail or give us a call at 1-877-432-9675 (internationally at 1-702-614-1570). We're here seven days a week from 8:00 AM to Midnight (EST).

Thank you for choosing EBgames.com.

Best Regards,

EBgames.com Customer Service Team

About release dates:

EBgames.com works tirelessly with game publishers to ensure accurate release dates on our site. Occasionally, publishers decide to delay production to improve quality or add new features. Sometimes dates move forward; more often they move back and frequently they get changed more than once.

If a game is scheduled for release far in the future, the publisher may not even give us a date. In those cases we rely on the collective wisdom of our buying staff to estimate a date based on their knowledge of the industry and the publisher's history.

We guarantee that we will always post the best information provided by publishers. We know that you want that hot new game yesterday and we want to be the company that gets it to you quicker than anyone else.
              Here is what I received.

Comment

The game will be 3D, so whatever graphics card and RAM you have will determine how smooth the interface will work. I know my 1,5 year old system ran Doom3 just fine. Is the Pirates' graphics engine more or less challenging?

Don't kid me . No engine is more challenging right now than the Doom3 engine. Certainly if you could run any of the 2004 big shooters, you can run Civ4.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

certainly hope many can run it without too many costly upgrades
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                    That's really a low-end.
                    so much for my s****y new 350mhz p3!!
                    (and i do mean millihertz)

over here "the holidays" means anything from 24/12 (christmas eve) to 26/1 (australia day). as opposed to february which is commonly referred to as 'the hang-over'

oh, and then there's easter, labour day, anzac day, queen's birthday, proclamation day, melbourne cup day, eight hours day, blood oath day, proclamation day, bank holiday and additional days just in case any of the above falls on a sunday.

anyway, looks like i'll be stuck with c3c for some time yet

edit: omg they bleeped sw@nky!
                    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by lebensraum

so much for my s****y new 350mhz p3!!
                      (and i do mean millihertz)
                      More like megahertz .

Comment

I think you missed the point.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I almost got a stroke :P.

Comment

Originally posted by lebensraum

edit: omg they bleeped sw@nky!
                            Well it does have w@nk in there.
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

theocratic police state!!!
                              I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

You mean, Iran?

Comment

Working...
                                X