CGW Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus
    I refer to my earlier point: the idea of Civilization is that it's about recreating history, not about reenacting it.
    I agree; my question is and was how could negative tendencies be implemented properly and equally with each religion? Although I believe we do hold the same belief that negative tendences in diplomacy between different religions should not be apart of the game (at least not hardcoded - to resemble history).

Your response, however condecending it may be, helps elucidate my point that there is not a proper model of negative tendencies to implement, especially taking into consideration your motto of recreating history, not reenacting it. Religion as a whole is far too broad to make such a specific model, whereas doing such a thing with nations or civilizations can be more easily done.

So again I think we share the same viewpoint.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I think that it won't be possible at all to expand the religions. It's not as if christians will baptise and hindus will follow the 8way path (or something)
      Like culture didn't become very detailed.

It's just: germans: christian, dutch: christian: turkey: muslim. Conclusion: it's easier for the dutch and the german to be friends.
      But it's still possible for the dutch and the turks to allie against the germans.

Of course it could be:
      The Gnaws have the Utilian faith.
      The Wekko's have the Palanian faith
      The Quackofacts have the Palanian faith.

In this case it's most likely that the Wekko's and the Quackofacts will allie against the Gnaws, but it's still possible for the Gnaws and the Wekko's to be friends as well.

but this way it's more like I'm doing an IQ test and it's boring as hell.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I guess that the Gnaws, the Wekko's and the Quackofacts will be available in the first expansion pack for Civ IV, right?
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

No, I think Firaxis aim at the second one for that.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
            I guess that the Gnaws, the Wekko's and the Quackofacts will be available in the first expansion pack for Civ IV, right?
            Well, the Quackofacts of course are famous for their alternate use of the Andreodact. And we all know that the Andreodact won't be available in cIV. I guess we'll have to wait for the release of ciV to finally see the Quackofacts for that reason
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Have they proactively started on the first patch yet?

Comment

Re: CGW Preview

Originally posted by Jonny

- There will be "civics" choices, i.e., social engineering. The player can change settings for such things as allowing slavery or freeing slaves, or the amount of religious tolerance.

Comment

Working...
                X