Preview in UK PCZone Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechWins
    An unofficial letter from Sid Meier revealed it is not likely Civ4 will suck (from the words of the fans) as bad as Civ3. Sid Meier further mentioned there was consideration naming Civ4 instead - The Real Civilization 3 - but later decided against the idea for marketing purposes and infringment rights against Atari.
    WTF? Source?
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

WTF? Source?
      Taken from an imagination...
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

WTF? Source?
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Proving once again sarcasm doesn't work on the Internet
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Jonathan Swift's satirical essay from 1729, where he suggests that the Irish eat their own children.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Since Python is a part of the game, I guess it's a Python source editor.

Comment

An unofficial letter from Sid Meier revealed it is not likely Civ4 will suck (from the words of the fans) as bad as Civ3. Sid Meier further mentioned there was consideration naming Civ4 instead - The Real Civilization 3 - but later decided against the idea for marketing purposes and infringment rights against Atari.
                A rare bit of honesty, too bad its not true.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Max Sinister
                  Since Python is a part of the game, I guess it's a Python source editor.
                  Monty Python anyone?

Seriously though, will we need a compiler?
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Python is a run-time language... no need to compile. One probably should install the proper version of Python in order to edit things though.

Comment

Didn't think of that. We will need to be careful about version compatability.

Comment

Proving once again sarcasm doesn't work on the Internet
                        For your explanation due to the rolly eyes, that is not necessarily true if the comments of the person can be taken into context properly. Sid Meier calling Civ4 - The Real Civilization 3 - blatantly resembles sarcasm, as the probability of such an occurrence is very slim to nill. Good day.

My thoughts exactly; Civ3 wasn't what it should have been, so Civ4 ought to be called The Real Civ3.
                        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

BTW: Guido van Rossum (the inventor of Python) really had Monty P. in mind when he invented the name!

Comment

quote:

My thoughts exactly; Civ3 wasn't what it should have been, so Civ4 ought to be called The Real Civ3.
                            Isn't that quote from me and not Locutus?

Comment

Working...
                            X