Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If CivIV is simplified, simplified simplified!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If CivIV is simplified, simplified simplified!!

If CivIV is simplified, simplified simplified!! I will only begin to trust paradox plaza for quality strategy games. MOO3 didn't live up to it's promise, civ 3 fell short of the scope of CTP and don't even get me started on Lords of the Realm 3. I am sick of the attitudes of game devolopers in regards to strategy games they act as if their is this massive untapped market while in reality the market for in depth strategy games is already large and the attempts to dumb down games don't work.

Play the world and conquest were not legitmate expansion packs and should have been free patches or mods. If civIV doesn't achieve more than A LEGITMATE expansion pack then I believe people will finally abandon hope that the series is a progressive one and that companies like Paradox Plaza will gain the deserved loyality from fans of the series. No more will people say I can't wait fore civ V when they know how little to expect. Once Paradox or another company with true vision trys to compete with civ in TBS (not RoN because RTS) than civilization series will finally have to either step up or step down
    Strategy Games For Strategy Gamers!

Further more I think the lack of faith in the series is already becoming evident by some post on this site. For example I have heard people repeatedly say I will have to wait and see.
    I would like all people who feel the same way to note it in this thread please

Comment

Its a bridge too far for me. I was saying here years ago that "God help us if they let Soren Johnson make Civ4".

Oh, Soren is okay. Its just that I can't imagine wanting to buy anything he might make.

Besides, sitting aside the talent issue, the financial issue is valid. It just takes longer to make a better product and that costs more and civ is like sex. Its all good. They can sell enough of it. Civ4 won't be your bride, cherished and loved, sat on a pedestal and worshiped. Civ4 will be like a quickie bought down on the corner from a hooker. Just a fix.

Then we will be back moaning and groaning for the days of Civ1&2 and SMAC.

It is kinda hard to make a great game if you decide up front that aren't going to try. It is just simple.

Comment

I am a fan off Civilization franchise, but I am not a faithful servant, or a fanatic, nor am a strategy games addict. My favorite type of games are 1st person shooters, mostly because I'm quite good at them. But I like to also play games that are more than just a reaction tests, games that test the wit and knowledge of mine. Usually though, I get bored with large scale turn-based games, like Steel Panthers, or such.

However I've always liked Civilization and other games of that type. They have always had the effect of "one more turn" on me, as many other strategy games, but unlike most of the other tbs games, the Civ games always had the effect of me wanting to come back to them and tend my people onwards.

I really do anticipate CivIV, I sincerely do. I'm eager to see what they have done with the game system we love and hate so much at the same time. I liked Civ3 for a while, and after I found DyP, I loved it a while longer, but nowadays it isn't enough. So the greatest asset of the upcoming Civ4? The promised moddability. For even if the "vanilla" version was lacking, the large and talented fan-base will most likely do a mod that makes the game just I would like it to be.

If they mess up the modding support, Civ4 is a quick **** in the hayes, as Capt Dizzle so well formed.

Note that I'm not a fan-boy, nor do I blindly believe that Civ4 is going to be the greatest game of all. So, even though I really anticipate it, I still have to wait and see. And as I said earlier, I'm not a large-scale consumer of strategy games, and I've missed a bunch of the "civ-like" games too, including about everyone without the name "Sid Meier" in it. I've only read about the games of Paradox, also the GalCiv I've missed. When Civ2 came out I was too young to fully understand all of it's nuances, same to with SMAC. Now Civ2 is too stupid and SMAC is too ugly, to rise my interest. Civ3 I've played a lot, and it is starting to feel too restricted, so a new one is welcomed. I just hope they won't screw it up.

Erm... it just got swelling and swelling, it's not my fault... oh well, I guess it is.
        Brilliant and effective way of curing headache, is to use a gun.
        "Minulla on outoja unia / miehillä ei ole hampaita" Cmx - Pyörivät sähkökoneet
        "I have strange dreams / men don't have teeth" Cmx - Spinning Electric Machines

Comment

Re: If CivIV is simplified, simplified simplified!!

Originally posted by ozmono1914
          If CivIV is simplified, simplified simplified!! I will only begin to trust paradox plaza for quality strategy games. MOO3 didn't live up to it's promise, civ 3 fell short of the scope of CTP and don't even get me started on Lords of the Realm 3. I am sick of the attitudes of game devolopers in regards to strategy games they act as if their is this massive untapped market while in reality the market for in depth strategy games is already large and the attempts to dumb down games don't work.

Play the world and conquest were not legitmate expansion packs and should have been free patches or mods. If civIV doesn't achieve more than A LEGITMATE expansion pack then I believe people will finally abandon hope that the series is a progressive one and that companies like Paradox Plaza will gain the deserved loyality from fans of the series. No more will people say I can't wait fore civ V when they know how little to expect. Once Paradox or another company with true vision trys to compete with civ in TBS (not RoN because RTS) than civilization series will finally have to either step up or step down
          Do as you must, Siddhartha...

Ahhh I'm almost positive that's not the right quote.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

you are all right, I had overstated what I felt in regards to this game I just don't want the game to stand still or go backwards as was the case with Lords 3 at the expense of the people who enjoy the game and really are responsiable for a games success it's fans.

Comment

Working...
            X