No announcement yet.

Take-Two gets Civ rights, Civ4 for late 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how much you test, bugs happen. As for there never being a patch... that's just plain bad business and could be either the publisher's or the developer's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by alms66
      No matter how much you test, bugs happen. As for there never being a patch... that's just plain bad business and could be either the publisher's or the developer's fault.
      Patches are primarily made for popular games; the developer has an interest in maintaining a community to cater follow-ups and add-ons to. Civ would be popular enough to enjoy patch support.

Comment

In related news, TakeTwo becomes the publisher of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Looks interesting at this point, two of the games that are on my wishlist for the year are from Take-Two.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Excellent! Bethesda from what i recall published Morrowind itself, and did a fine job, but this will hopefully increase their monetary freedom to spend more on development. And the fact that it's a co-publishing arrangement hopefully means there won't be too much of a need to rush the game out ... not that TTWO is particularly bad about that ...

Perhaps TTwo will become the next "good" big game publisher and challenge EA ... Perhaps ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

As long as Take2 don't force developers to rush their games, I will probably be satisfied.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              If the publisher gave the developers enough time to test and fix it then how did such a bug get out? There wasnt even a patch to fix it...
              Take2 is the publisher of Duke Nukem Forever that makes it pretty hard to claim that they are in habit of not giving the developer enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by icecone

Take2 is the publisher of Duke Nukem Forever that makes it pretty hard to claim that they are in habit of not giving the developer enough time.
                Heh, isn't that the game that has been due for almost a decade now?

Too much time can hurt a game too I guess.

Comment

Duke Nukem Forever will, if ever released, probably be a disaster. Too much time is bad.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X