Firaxis Site UPDATED with CIV IV!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis Site UPDATED with CIV IV!!!

Ok, so no details or screens yet, but it's a start!!!

Comment

I expect (much (?)) info in january!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It's been there ever since the new look came.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

And a news item on Apolyton a week ago.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Soren's powerpoint has a bit more detail about what we can expect...
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Yeah, it's old news. But it's been updated like 10 days ago. I think I've read somewhere that we could expect info on cIV in early 2005. January, tell us everything
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Shhht CyberShy, don't say such things. Your predictions have the tendency to not come true
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I seen the screenies in PC-Gamer and I didn't find them to be too bad.

That said - Just about 99% of the whole thing will change before Nov-2005.
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

"Firaxis Games recently announced the development of Sid Meier's Civilization IV - the next iteration of the greatest strategy game on the planet! Sid Meier's Civilization IV takes the game to a whole new level with stunning 3D graphics, advanced multiplayer gameplay, full player-created scenario (mods) support, and cool new civilizations, technologies, and units!"

I hope this includes the ability to easily change the graphics of civ4 units/titles like we could very easily change the civ2 graphics.

The fact that civ4 is 3D might make this harder but it is not impossible, there is a free light version of MAX3D(forgot name) that is specially designed to allow players to adapt 3D game graphics so I hope civ4 it's graphics shall be compatible with this tool. If they have a licence could they even include that program in the main civ4 install I believe.

Also having easy to use OFFICIAL tools to place cities, units and civilizations is essentional for the developement of a big scenario making community. FTW had all those things and that is one of the big reasons civ2 has so many scenario's in my opinion. Everyone with an IQ above 80 could make civ2 scenario's.

Comment

If games like Morrowind can indulge the (ever-growing) home-grown 3D creators;

Then I cannot see why CIV4 would ignore this valuable source of modding.

Perhaps this CIV will have a long-term modder community like CIV2.

Only this time with 3D!
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

But when reading that stuff, always remember that some of it is PR, and that PR is partially BS. No, it really looks like Civ4 will be very moddable - all data contained in XML files, AI scripts written in editable Python files, as well as the ability to use Python for mod scripts, that's great. It looks to be at least as moddable as CtP. However, somewhere it said "Civ3 already had great mod support, and we want to enhance that". Now, that is BS - it was not until the expansions that many things made it to the editor, and even then, much remained hardcoded, and no scripting available - which is less moddable than Civ2 or SMAC, in fact.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                          "Civ3 already had great mod support, and we want to enhance that"
                          I never saw that. Source please?
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Can't remember it, but I'm positive I saw it around the same time that Firaxis site was updates with Civ4.

Comment

Ahh, my mistake, it's a quote from CFC Civ4 factlist:

Civilization III was extremely modable, so, why shouldn’t Civilization IV be just as modable or even more so? It will be. Our moders will be able to do anything from creating new worlds, units, technologies, and historical events (something they have been able to do in the past), to controlling the AI, something that they could not be able to do in previous Civ games. Basically, it provides full mod support

Since the factlist also contains some wuotes that are directly taken from people of Firaxis, I must have remembered this one as being said by Firaxis, too, which is not the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X