No announcement yet.

Civ4 should be more like Civ2 than Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with a lot of what you said, AH.

Combat needs to be fixed in Civ4. BIG TIME... they need to do something new.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Civ4 should be more like Civ2 than Civ3

BS. Drag yourself out of the 20th century.

Comment

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the #1 advantage civ2 had over civ3: ease of modding. Civ2's editor was much more comprehensive and you could do everything from within the editor, civ3 modding involves far more headache.

Completely false. C3's editor is FAR more powerful than anything you can do with C2. With that power comes a slightly steeper learning curve, but I for one found it easier than C2's editing.

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
          or are totally blind in their bias to many of the gameplay issues that CTP has done well - (maybe not perfectly, but a whole lot better than what is in place in civ.)

I hear a lot of that...
          Or recognize that CtP(2) is just an unsavebly bad game.

Comment

One word: Trade!

Bring back Civ2-like commodity-based trade! Without it the economic side of the game is boooooorriiiiiiing. The elimination of economic trade was one of the things that made SMAC degenerate into a wargame. The CtP system was quirky.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
            X