Changing Governments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Governments

Random Government Changes & Other Ideas.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned or is in a wrong place.

As we know, currently, we can change our government style at will. Of course there are consquences such as anarchy and so on.

What if our civ could demand a change and perhaps force it resulting in a civil war? Perhaps this will be too complicated to implement or will be too frustrating to certain players (make it an toggleable rule/option? ). Suppose the cirumstances are right such as Republic has been known for 500 years and pretty much all other civs have been republics for a long while, your civ populace may be not so happy with your feudal government and demand that you change to Republic. Refusal to do so could result in increased corruption and unhappiness. Depending on certain factors such as do you have enough military units to suppress dissentors or whatever, you could find a civil war erupting on your hands as cities with above average unhappiness rates attempt to split away from your civ.

That's one idea. The other one is this: When you do change a government, perhaps there should be a chance that your attempt to change will not be so successful. Imagine what if Bush attempted to overhaul the American government and replace it with fascism? (Ok ok, bad example I know :P ). A lot of people would be not too happy with this and resist the change. The result could be longer anarchy period then return to the orginial government or a civil war.

Hope I'm making any sense here.
    Who is Barinthus?

Good ideas both.(except that Bush thing) I like the first one best, with the requirement it isn't made too MM requiring.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Making people demand more and more rights as the time pasts and tech develops could make it. If the demands are not met then increasing numbers of unhappy faces will either force to keep up heavy military presence or give more rights (as voting so a goverment change) to prevent civil disorders and finally civil wars.

Although this system needs some ways of taking propaganda, false education and so poor conditions into account. Propaganda and false education are both a way to brainwash people and needs only money, so a fourth resource spending slider will do. The poorer (economically) the reign the worse conditions it's inhabitats live and the willing they are to live with less rights (but in better conditions).
      Ei kannattais.

Comment

Yes, but you must not forget that in such a case technology also brings some advantages that make people enduring more things ("bread and games": TV...).

Basically, we're getting in the issue of having positive AND negative effects to technology. In such a case, you would try to get the techs helping you with your population's happiness after getting your population unhappy about the system or something.
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Working...
        X