So what do we know about Civ IV so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corruption isn't all that annoying too.
    Cities revolting are annoying - shall we delete that feature too?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Revolts aren't annoying, especially if there ends up being some grey area in between revolting and not revolting. And revolts and more realistic than the corruption system in place in Civ2 and 3.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

No it isn't
        Middle East!

Comment

Why isn't it?
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Why is it?
            Middle East!

Comment

Because the way corruption works in real life has nothing to do with relation to the capital and frequently capitals are some of the more corrupt areas of the country.

Comment

it's not quite like that. perhaps "corruption" is a bad name, but the point was that indeed, the further from the capitol, the more founds was being taken by local authorities, the less profitable the province was.
                Anyway, that's the only thing except for conquest that makes moving the capital have sense
                Middle East!

Comment

Yeah, but it doesn't carry as well into modern times. And far away cities still produced a lot better than they do in Civ.

Comment

Oh, it is annoying that I have to build courthouses everywhere, but it's not that bad to eliminate this feature completely
                    Middle East!

Comment

Even with Courthouses, it's still hard. And it can be difficult to build courthouses because of corruption too.

Comment

I like the concept of pollution, but I dislike its implementation in Civ III. Instead of suddenly appearing in various squares, pollution should stay in the cities and cause unhappiness. It could also decrease population growth and still cause global warming.

Corruption/Waste is fine as it is, although more cities and greater distances should be supported before serious corruption begins to set in, but this is modifiable in any case, so leaving corruption/waste exactly as it is now would be perfectly OK.

Why they want to remove rioting and maintanance from the game is completely beyond me.
                        Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                          Even with Courthouses, it's still hard. And it can be difficult to build courthouses because of corruption too.
                          GAME SHOULD BE HARD

Pollution causing unhappiness, I don't like that idea
                          Middle East!

Comment

They can make it difficult in other ways.

Comment

*Yawn*

Remove some features, add some features, etc

So what's the big deal?

Depth, depth is the key.
                              be free

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
                                I don't know anyone who did not like Civ II even better than Civ I.
                                I like Civ1 better than Civ2
                                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                                X