Vote HERE to bring back Wonder movies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP
    Voted no. They are fun to watch 2-3 times, but who cares after that. They just get annoying after that and are a waste of programming time, developer resources, and space on my HD.
    I can't believe you saying this

Comment

Why would anyone be against MORE multimedia?

I'll tell you what, I wish cIV will be a DoS based game with just text inputs and responses. I'll imagine everything in my mind.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

that would be cool

Comment

NO

Thank you for letting me vent

I usually watch them the first time only. Then go to pref's on the next game and turn them off.
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I hope they include them...hey buiding a 100plus resource is quite the acheivement and you deserved to be rewarded.

I loved the wonders movies as a reward for building a wonder I just hope they have the option to end it without playing through after you've watched it a couple of times the novelty wears off.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

I voted yes. Of course I toggled off the movies after a while, but in the beginning they were really cool to have. I agree that the clips were nice rewards after a sometimes close construction race and added to the sense of achievement as you luxuriated in the accomplishment (And on the seventh turn, He rested. ).

I think they did even more for my sister, though. She was never into games except Solitaire/Minesweeper, so Civ2 was a big step up (killing<---My sister cried when she destoyed each of her [2 total] civilizations). For her Wonder movies were definitely part of the appeal. I don't think she ever turned them off on her computer.

I say bring Wonder movies back in cIV. They add to the character, and especially for the new player, to the Wonder.

Comment

would it be to much...

instead of reading the text, a voice reads the benifits, and maybe with attitude

or am I bent
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

No wonder movies for me. I never watched them after a few tines in CIV II anyway.
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

If eye candy is important, Civ4 could add a quickie ribbon cutting ceremony for libraries and hospitals, or ship christenings, etc. Unlike the wonder movies, they would be much more easily reusable with fewer one-use graphics. Of course, you could turn them off when they got tiring.

I could be wrong, but I think the WMs were left out of C3 because of a) time to improve them well, b) room on program disks, and c) a wrongly extrapolated assumption based on the most vocal game fans who said they didn't care about the movies.

That said, I admit I got a kick out of them, and I've learned quite a bit from the Civilopedia descriptive screens; but like others, I'll wistfully sacrifice them so that more of the great suggestions on these threads can be incorporated into Civ4.

As for real movie clips rather than CGI, things like the Colossus of Rhodes, the Theory of Evolution, or the Great Lighthouse can't be filmed, so they'd still have to compromise. The disparity between video and "cartoons" would be more noticeable than sticking with straight graphics.

Comment

I voted yes
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by La Diva
                        If eye candy is important, Civ4 could add a quickie ribbon cutting ceremony for libraries and hospitals, or ship christenings, etc. Unlike the wonder movies, they would be much more easily reusable with fewer one-use graphics. Of course, you could turn them off when they got tiring.
                        Yeah, but that type of stuff can end up really cutting into the flow of the gameplay considering how many cities ar built. They'd also take away from the wonder movies.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                        X