Civ 4 Features Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 Features Ideas

Don't know if it was ok to start a new thread for this, but here goes..

(If these ideas, sound similar to somene else's, then I'm sorry, I didn't go through and read the other suggestions.. and I'm not trying to claim/steal your ideas).

Military Bases

How about being able to choose to build a small/medium/large/extra large military base instead of having to build a new city in the middle of nowhere and having to supply it with troops, food, security, etc.

They could even even be temporary or permanent military bases.

Army

I don't like the idea of having to wait such a long time to be able to create an army, I think this feature should be given immediately when you can start to build any military units. I don't like seeing one tank attacking a city by itself, it would be cool if, for instance, you select a particular city to attack, then your tanks move from their previous location, and they surround the city, then they start attacking from all sides. Would this be cool or what?

Land

How about the ability for a Civ to claim land in a particular area? If for instance, they had a city in some area which they lost later.. Then when that Civ becomes stronger and more powerful, both economically, and militarily, they can claim their old territory which they held at one point or another. The could either force the Civ to hand over the land which is currently in control of the area, or negotiate and pay them some amount for it.

Culture/Battles

How about this.. if a Civ loses an important city to an enemy, a civil war breaks out? Or maybe a group revolts? The country splits into 2 or maybe 3 different groups, and your Civ decides to support one of the breakaway regions/mini Civs for whatever reason, whether you sincerely want to help them, or just want to play divide and conquer. Then you can choose whether to officially recognize them as a separate country, which would in turn give them more legitimacy.

Provinces

I'm pretty sure that the idea of Provinces or States has been suggested before, but I will add it here anyway.

There could be regional Provincial/State governors who are in charge of a particular region in your nation. You can either put the governor on Auto, or manually change the features yourself, like wihch units to create, etc. Like if you want one region of the country to focus on Agriculture, you want another area to focus on Manufactering, anothe area to focus on Scientific/Military Research, another focusing on Education, etc. We all get the basic idea..

I like the ida of migration that MrFun suggested.

How do these ideas sound?

TO BE CONTINUED..

Re: Civ 4 Features Ideas

Originally posted by CivPhan
    Don't know if it was ok to start a new thread for this, but here goes..

(If these ideas, sound similar to somene else's, then I'm sorry, I didn't go through and read the other suggestions.. and I'm not trying to claim/steal your ideas).

Military Bases

How about being able to choose to build a small/medium/large/extra large military base instead of having to build a new city in the middle of nowhere and having to supply it with troops, food, security, etc.

They could even even be temporary or permanent military bases.
    Assuming you mean teh modern context of military bases, this can be implemented just as easily with military alliances that allow units to share the same tile. This is exactly what was implemented in SMAC.

If you want to make bases literally in teh middle of nowwhere, far from any city, I want to know where it is getting the supplies and the manpower to act as a base.

Army

I don't like the idea of having to wait such a long time to be able to create an army, I think this feature should be given immediately when you can start to build any military units. I don't like seeing one tank attacking a city by itself, it would be cool if, for instance, you select a particular city to attack, then your tanks move from their previous location, and they surround the city, then they start attacking from all sides. Would this be cool or what?
    Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean an automated command to tell all of unit X to gather at point Y? Or do you mean the ability to build civ3 style armies asap?

Lots of people think the civ3 armies system is broken anyway. Personally, I think it should be based on the ctp system for stacks and armies (not exactly the same though).

Land

How about the ability for a Civ to claim land in a particular area? If for instance, they had a city in some area which they lost later.. Then when that Civ becomes stronger and more powerful, both economically, and militarily, they can claim their old territory which they held at one point or another. The could either force the Civ to hand over the land which is currently in control of the area, or negotiate and pay them some amount for it.
    You can do this in the civ3 diplomacy screen anyway. The fact that the comp parts with cities even less enthusiastically than it parts with teeth is another matter entirely.

Culture/Battles

How about this.. if a Civ loses an important city to an enemy, a civil war breaks out? Or maybe a group revolts? The country splits into 2 or maybe 3 different groups, and your Civ decides to support one of the breakaway regions/mini Civs for whatever reason, whether you sincerely want to help them, or just want to play divide and conquer. Then you can choose whether to officially recognize them as a separate country, which would in turn give them more legitimacy.
    Oddly enough, this was in civ1 when the capital was captured. It ought to be brought back.
    The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
    And quite unaccustomed to fear,
    But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
    Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with the civil war idea and the ctp system.

Here's one of my ideas that I posted in the wrong place, heh.

TECHNOLOGY

I think that the tech tree should be more influenced by what kind of a civilization you are.

Basically, depending on what sort of civ you are (agricultural/religious, Scientific/Militaristic, whatever) you should be able to research different techs, and get different benefits from the ones you do research.

For example, a seafaring civ that discovers Map Making will get the Great Lighthouse and a noncombat boat. A Militaristic civ would get a trireme, but no Lighthouse. That sort of thing.

Comment

Oddly enough, this was in civ1 when the capital was captured. It ought to be brought back.
        It was also in civ II.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

But then only very seldom IIRC.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
          X