Movies, complexity and surrender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies, complexity and surrender

1. One thing I really, really liked in Civ 2 were the movies. Both the Wonder movies and the advisor movies. I'd like them to return. Now I know this takes a lot of time and effort, but I think shiny baubles like this will atract the casual player and therefore lead to more sales.

2. If a game is too complex or the learning curve is too steep, it will bomb and no-one except the die-hards will play it. Master of Orion 3, for example, is too much trouble for me to learn (can't be bothered to wrap my head around it). The same goes for the friend I borrowed it from. I know of no-one who plays it.
    Don't make civ 4 so complex people will turn away from it.

3. Why don't civ AI's surrender? You have to bludgeon them completely into the ground to defeat them. It might be fun to have a civ surrender under certain conditions. Their land becomes part of your empire.
    This could also apply to the player civ. The player then continues playing as the victor-civ. Of course unscrupulous players might pick a fight and surrender to gain a larger empire, but this surrender could also be limited to certain conditions.

Robert
    A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Totaly agree

Fancy movies - sounds cool, as long as you can disable them ( after watching them for 10th times ). But yeah...

Agree on the complexity - But I doesn't think Civ4 is going to be that different, except for a few changes. But Then again, I support the creation of an moddable game engine. In this way either Atari or YOU can implement most of the suggestions you read about here, cheaply ... low cost, reuse of the engine, etc etc ...

The AI is stupid, yes, and lack any human touch. They never surrender, wage war they impossible can win, refuse good deals ( 1money pr turn for lots of tech ). etc etc

Comment

Wonder Movies

Make sure the game tells you the effect when they're turned off.

Difficulty

The easiest level in Civ3 isn't easy enough. Space out the levels more.

Comment

I REALLY would like the Advisor movies with the abiltiy to replace them with your own.

Or even a variety of leader movies.

Like instead of the exact same animation going forward and backward (what was the reason for that anyway?) have mood animations.

Like for Bismark have a Tyrade ani, maybe a SuckUp, BeatenUp, and other various anis.

Comment

Working...
        X