No announcement yet.

Eras in Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old system used in Civ II is IMHO better, put the architectonical davances in knowledges, for example "Gothic Architecture", "Industrial Architecture" etc...

Also, these special knowledges give a bonus for buildings, in teh case of walls they support better attacks, or they can be rebuild with yhis architecture and support a large number of habitants.
    Click here to download the Map of Arda, the world of JRR Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by jomateix
      The old system used in Civ II is IMHO better, put the architectonical davances in knowledges, for example "Gothic Architecture", "Industrial Architecture" etc...

Also, these special knowledges give a bonus for buildings, in teh case of walls they support better attacks, or they can be rebuild with yhis architecture and support a large number of habitants.
      Walls supported people?

You mean as in walls acted like a "Garrisoned unit"
      I played and actually cut my teeth on CIVII (The playstation version) my son had, first time I played I played 13 straight hours..

all down hill from there..

Ok..that being so (Walls) would make sense as more defense = ease of tension on people..

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I agree with what a couple have said: The era system and the techtree are largely unrelated. I agree a desert based society should not discover navigation-- at least it should not discover the same navigation that the Brits would discover (massive side-hint).

What I perceive as the era system is the visual / textual / (musical?) changes resulting from learning certain tech(s). I'd very much like to see the first person to each era somehow benefiting (presumably financially) and if a more realistic diplomacy system is ever introduced the relative eras of the civilizations should play a major role.

Comment

I don't really care how they implement it. As long as we have clearly defined shifts in 'eras' somewhere along the line, to change graphics etc.

High on my wishlist is to flesh out the modern times more and make it more interesting. Seems like the most fun people have is between ancient and early industrial period.
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
            I don't really care how they implement it. As long as we have clearly defined shifts in 'eras' somewhere along the line, to change graphics etc.

High on my wishlist is to flesh out the modern times more and make it more interesting. Seems like the most fun people have is between ancient and early industrial period.
            Me one! I hate actual-like times. Also it is unreal, no efectively satellites, no efectively authomated options (like, this ship makes this rute all the time, etc...).

I think that could be nic ethat the cities maintain some of the old buildings, making them more linked to the cultural base than the actual iron/glass/cement-american-like style.
            Click here to download the Map of Arda, the world of JRR Tolkien

Comment

Working...
            X