• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orange
    I'd like to take Wonders, if no one else has already asked
    Done

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I noticed you asking everyone not to post into threads

I think that the seperate threads are good

and that thread colunteers can take over when ever they volunteer for a thread

so get to it people, there is no reason for us to wait arround

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I did it because that's the way that seems easiest at the moment. In due time, the threadmasters wil open threads for each category. It is better that way, since the threadmasters can then post summaries in the first post of each thread for easy reference.

Obviously noone can forbid you to post your ideas where you like. But it would make it a lot easier for me to gather all ideas for distribution to the threadmasters, if I can find them in one thread, instead of scattered in a dozen threads

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

having threads already made for each subject sounds better to me

than the threadmasters would just have to read that thread

or you would just have to summarize that thread for one of them

I mean, if you are correct, why don't we always just keep it to one thread

if it would be easier to summarize

the idea behind ahving different threads is the fundamental idea of organization

if newthreads need to be started next week, well fine, but don't stop us from being more organized now

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

But Jon...you are making things more disorganized.

If a threadmaster is be the master of anything, he needs to open the thread himself. Not take over a thread started by someone else. We will have individual threads for each subject, but we will have them in due time, when we are ready for it.

It just seems redundant to me to start individual threads now, and have threads started by the threadmasters next week all over again. I promise you, that ideas posted in the idea thread will be distributed to the category managers. However, if I have to search through a dozen threads, then chances are that I will miss some ideas

If you wish to help, then why don't you sign up for a category instead?

Asmodean

Comment

why?

why is it redundant to do so now?

are ideas not being created now?

do they not need threads to ease in discussion now?

this is not somewhere where you can only start so many threads per week

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

having threads already made for each subject sounds better to me

than the threadmasters would just have to read that thread
                I agree with jon miller here.
                The threadmaster could then start a "master thread" that combines all the best ideas... anyways it's his job to hunt down the different topics that relate to the idea. and if he doesn't catch them, then people can post links to the other sections that are relevant, thereby aiding him.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

There really is no need to forbid people from starting their own threads on topics... If you remember the original list Asmodean, there were two forum sections- one for Civ III Suggestions and another where people organized the suggestions... the "List" section...

It worked quite well historically and gave everyone the freedom to suggest their own ideas and seem important while still allowing a choice few to dedicate their ttime to organizing everythign else.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Don't worry, DC

I am not forbidding anybody anything. I just thought that it would make it easier, initially, if all ideas could be extracted from one thread, untill the master threads get up and going.

Come next week, I expect threads to appear hither and yon, but then it will be the threadmaster job to collect the ideas.

The only reason that I would like to restrict ideas to one thread now, is that we don't have a full set of threadmasters, and I am afraid ideas will get lost, if we don't organize things a bit.

This is inherently a creative process. So I expect many threads to appear. But for now it would be fine with just one thread

Asmodean

Comment

If its all right with everyon else ill head up units.
                      Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Also, I did say I'd take cheats- if no-one else is fanatic about it.
                        cIV list: cheats
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

[quote]The only reason that I would like to restrict ideas to one thread now, is that we don't have a full set of threadmasters, and I am afraid ideas will get lost, if we don't organize things a bit.
                          /quote]
                          I can understand that... but if the threadmasters are good, then they will track down the ideas.

I understand your worries...

But I still say that it is better to create more work for the threadmasters than to limit individual people's creativity.

That being said- I have started my section threads already with some basic ideas and, unless you are planning on culling the big thread you started, I'll start culling that for ideas in a few days
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

It seems I will have excess free time for quite a while, so I'll take ECONOMICS/TRADE.

I agree that it will be easier with one thread until these organised List threads start coming online. But of course, having the List threads around will make it easier to have related ideas grouped together in the one thread meaning less work for all involved. The solution is to start getting these List threads up soon.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is Joe Poster allowed to start posting new ideas in DarkCloud's Scenario and Civilization threads now?

Comment

I don't see why not - afterall thats where most ideas for that topic will end up anyway.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X