The List: Category manager sign-up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The List: Category manager sign-up thread

We are now moving towards a more organized phase of creating The List. Specifically, we are looking for people to manage the different categories of the list.

So far, the categories that we have are:

AI - Nikolai

BORDERS - Frozzy

CHEATS - MattH

CITY IMPROVEMENTS

CIVILIZATIONS - DarkCloud

Civ Mistakes

COMBAT - Solver

CUSTOMIZATION

DIPLOMACY - TechWins

ECONOMICS/TRADE - Skanky Burns

GAME ATMOSPHERE - Q Cubed

GRAPHICS

USER FRIENDLINESS/THE MANUAL/HELP FILES - Trifna

MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER

MOVEMENT, SUPPLY, ETC. - Trifna

MULTIPLAYER - Rasputin

PLAYER INTERFACE - Frozzy

RADICAL IDEAS

REGIONAL MENU AND CITY MENU IDEAS - Asmodean

RELIGION - Asmodean

SCENARIO/MAP EDITOR - DarkCloud

SOCIAL ENGINEERING/GOVERNMENT - Azazel

SPACE EXPLOITATION

TECHNOLOGY - Jaguar Warrior

TERRAIN AND TERRAIN IMPROVEMENTS - Nikolai

UNITS - Elias

WONDERS - Orange

CULTURE - Rasputin

SCENARIO IDEAS

MODABILITY

So if you feel that ypu would like to spearhead the list's organization in one or more of the above categories, please post in this thread. I will periodically update this post, to reflect who has taken which category. Also, please be aware that this can be a lenghty project, so be advised only to sign-up if you feel that you can devote the needed time to it.

This thread can also be used for discussing which categories we should include in the list. Perhaps there are some of the above categoriers that we don't need. Perhaps some are missing. If you have any input regarding this, please post it

But!! Please don't use this thread to post actual ideas for the game. Untill we get The List up and running with threads for each category, ideas should be posted here.

Asmodean
    Last edited by Asmodean; December 16, 2003, 17:56.
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Should CIVILIZATIONS be split into number of civs, which civs to include, and civ traits? Does SPACE EXPLOITATION refer to outer space? If so maybe it and RELIGION could be removed.

Comment

you are trying to dictate ideas

some people think that those things are valid and interesting areas for civ to explore

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Possibly add STARTUP SETUP

Comment

I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

HeHe...Yin....I was wondering when you'd show your face here. You're welcome to add any support, words of comfort or just general ideas whenever you feel like it

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I would like to do Technology.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I have a lot thoughts on how to create a better technology system. I won't go into too much detail, but one change should be differentiating between technical advances, (Bronze Working, Refining, Synthetic Fibers) and philosophical concepts (Republic, Monotheism, Communism)

The difference is that technical advances must be discovered, traded for, or stolen. Philosophical concepts can spread by word of mouth from bordering civ to bordering civ.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The difference is that technical advances must be discovered, traded for, or stolen. Philosophical concepts can spread by word of mouth from bordering civ to bordering civ.
                  That's a nice idea.

Comment

I'll be happy to bring ideas and perhaps to give a hand on management or help someone, but I think that for the health of my university studies, I better wait before saying that I take a whole part.
                    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Here's what I'm interested in.

SCENARIO/MAP EDITOR, CIVILIZATIONS, UNITS, BORDERS, MVT/SUPPLY,etc., THE CITY SCREEN AND RESOURCE SCREEN

-In ranked order now:

1.) SCENARIO/ MAP EDITOR
                      2.) CIVILIZATIONS
                      3.) TERRAIN
                      4.) BORDERS
                      5.) THE CITY/RESOURCE SCREEN
                      6.) MVT/ SUPPLY
                      Last edited by DarkCloud; December 10, 2003, 14:41.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thank you for organizing the basic idea Asmodean
                        -
                        As for my credentials in managing such things, I can list my website: (complied shortly after the release of Civ III)

And I can also state that along with Shadowstrike, UltraSonix, and CornMaster, I provided an excess of ideas for civ III in August 2000/Sept 2000-Dec 2000 and pretty much dominated that forum section with pages of ideas and the much lauded "related threads" section where I compiled all the topics discussed in the section under categories so that people could look at the basic ideas for Civ III in easy-to-read locations.

I was too late-coming to Apolyton to help out on The List, but it was what brought me to Apolyton and

I should be able to contribute at least an hour a week to this project, and probably more... sicne I log onto Apolyton every day for 30 minutes to one hour and thirty minutes.

Since I first acquired Civ II I have been brainstorming ideas for later civ games and have created entire tech trees on long roll-out paper, which I have secreted away somewhere.

I have the drive, the past, and the talent of compiling lists and managing them.

I believe I can contribute a lot to this project and generally further the process of idea-gathering and the civ-community at large.

thank you,
                        DarkCloud
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

although of course, I could probably manage any of the sections. The ones that I listed, however, are my favorites and are also the ones that I am most likely to dedicate the most time to... I can also view things offline and can dedicate more time to things offline...

In fact, to manage the list, I will gladly lay aside my demogame commitments (sorry guys... this is what brought me to Apolyton in the first place) and my nationstates nation so that I can fully dedicate myself to this task.

I am a listmaker at heart and would love to contribute to such a list and already have portions of Civ IV wishlists on my harddrive and thousands of kilobytes of info... I can also chekc other civsites such as civfanatics and add info from there and perhaps 1Big community (If I can ever enter theri forums )
                          Last edited by DarkCloud; December 8, 2003, 23:41.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I would like to volunteer Darkcloud for Stacked/Non Stacked Combat

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I like Asmodean' idea, cause I guess that we - the crowd - would never agree to act and write "diciplined" without some inspiration.

And I know, that we tend to follow and post in existing threads IF they are "topped" and always visible.

So I suggest Asmodean to go on with his idea to Mark/the mod for this page and find a solution.
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X