Civilization V - My wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization V - My wishlist

I was thinking about the ultimate extension of the "Civ concept". For me, I would like to see a future version of civilization to include.

1. A large number of civilizations - perhaps up to 200, just like the real world.

2. Every single historical military unit/weapon represented in the game. Instead of just building "infantrymen" you would select the technology (rifles in this case). I would love dozens of choices of armored vehicles instead of just Tanks or Modern Armor.

3. More complex battles - something much more based on the CTP2 battle system. Perhaps even directing some basic tactical strategy (charge up the middle, defend, retreating defense, etc). I want different results other than complete defeat or complete victory.

4. I would like to control the scale of the grid. Perhaps I want to play a strategic game where one square is a city (like today's Civ), perhaps I want to play that I typical size 12 city takes up nine squares. Of course Sn00py would be contracted for improvements in map design.

5. I would like to have each civilization have at least three choices of leader. Each leader would have it's own personality. I would tap GenghisFarb to design all Figureheads. Countries have had different "personalities" throughout history - so a country could be "expansionist" at one point, then "commercial" later, for example.

6. Diplomacy. It must be better. I should not be able to detect the difference between the computer AI and a person based on their gameplay.

I know this is far beyond the scope of today's technology, programming constraints, profitability for Atari (or whoever) and the patience of most Civilization users. LIke I said, my wishlist.

I'm going to start building my "Civilization Arena" in the basement. One room will be my command center with the best leather chair money can buy. One room will house the supercomputer. I won't need a bed as I will be playing 24x7 -- I'll just doze off in the command center. I'll need a library for research, a kitchen/bath and a tanning bed because I will never see the light of the sun again.
    Haven't been here for ages....

Are you giving up on Civ IV already??
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Do you think any of that is even achievable in Civ V?

Perhaps more like Civ XXV

Comment

Imagine the thinking lag when removing a harbour in a game with 200 Civs
        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I like 1, 4 and 5, but not 2, 3, or 6. 200 options for civs would be great, but the option to have all of them in one game I don't care as much about. I would like the whole game to be scaleable. I would like the option of the game covering a small part of the world. I would like the option to have citizens represent fewer people. I want 2 male choices and 1 female choice for leader. different personalities are good. I don't need figureheads.

Comment

I want talking leaderheads, I mean like a movie, they talk to you.

I would also like a more complex battle system but also a more complex city/production system where food and resources can be transferred around the nation.
            "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Here's a wish that can probably never come true: I want a bug free game on the FIRST try, therefore no patches. If that could happen then I would be a happy camper.
              "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

I want advisors who would be able to give me some coffee with lots of sugar from time to time. And I would like to have a virtual whip so I could whip them occasionally, and to hear them screaming with pain when I do it.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Along the lines of your #1, how about barbarian villages that, if left alone for x number of turns, become cities, or have a chance to, thus spawning new civs.
                  Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                    Along the lines of your #1, how about barbarian villages that, if left alone for x number of turns, become cities, or have a chance to, thus spawning new civs.
                    That's a great idea!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                      We already have been able to pull that type of idea off (splinter civs) in Modded CTP2.

As for 200 civs, I'd say play EU2 - there are over 100 viable nations in the game at one time.
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Oh yeah...I also want to bring that military advisor back from Civ2. Wasn't he da bomb? or was it that he got bombed...

I loved those little advisor clips...there's no reason why they couldn't run in the upper right corner of each advisor screen...

Comment

Re: Civilization V - My wishlist

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                          I was thinking about the ultimate extension of the "Civ concept". For me, I would like to see a future version of civilization to include.

1. A large number of civilizations - perhaps up to 200, just like the real world.
                          2. Every single historical military unit/weapon represented in the game. Instead of just building "infantrymen" you would select the technology (rifles in this case). I would love dozens of choices of armored vehicles instead of just Tanks or Modern Armor.
                          Like SMAC?
                          3. More complex battles - something much more based on the CTP2 battle system. Perhaps even directing some basic tactical strategy (charge up the middle, defend, retreating defense, etc). I want different results other than complete defeat or complete victory.
                          Medevil: Total War style!
                          4. I would like to control the scale of the grid. Perhaps I want to play a strategic game where one square is a city (like today's Civ), perhaps I want to play that I typical size 12 city takes up nine squares. Of course Sn00py would be contracted for improvements in map design.
                          Kind of like zoom in SC4K... you get more and more detail
                          5. I would like to have each civilization have at least three choices of leader. Each leader would have it's own personality. I would tap GenghisFarb to design all Figureheads. Countries have had different "personalities" throughout history - so a country could be "expansionist" at one point, then "commercial" later, for example.
                          Can't be too hard.... Would be great if it changes with your actions (war, tech building, etc.)
                          6. Diplomacy. It must be better. I should not be able to detect the difference between the computer AI and a person based on their gameplay.
                          I want same-turn responses !

I know this is far beyond the scope of today's technology, programming constraints, profitability for Atari (or whoever) and the patience of most Civilization users. LIke I said, my wishlist.
                          Not really... If a big company like EA got to work, elements from many games could be combined to make super-civ!
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

I like #1, but add to that the ability to meld civs and break civs in the dip menu/screen/whatever
                            why no revolution :(

Comment

Working...
                            X