No announcement yet.

Changing culture model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, I love the idea of immigration of people from one city to another.

Though you could already make it happen technically, by building a settler in a large city, and making him "build" in a small one.

But that happenning on itself would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
      Ok, so how about this then.

There are sliders but they all start out at the middle.

Slowly, while progressing in your game, options to move them arise:

1) You've discovered philosophy. 1 option in the economy, 2 options in the politics, and 1 option in religion, unlock themselves.

2) Each option has certain bonuses but also create certain costs. For instance, going from totalitarianism to democracy can improve your economy and science, but they loosen your absolute control of economy and science (instead of specific research and a controlled sum of money, you get to choose only a field of research you can fun, and the money influx is random, with the maximum being obviously very high). Furthermore it nullifies martial law, and moves some people from content to the fringes - happy or angry.

Furthermore, while accesssible, several moves of the slider, can only be reached if you fullfil predemands.

That is, to be able to change to religious, you need to build temples / churches in 70% of your cities.

On another note - when playing and you have many churches, the game would offer you to go religious, and explain it's benefits and drawbacks.

I actually like a lot the possibility of changes to the empire being tied down to things beyond the tech tree - you also need to build X amount of certain buildings, or units.

Or - to be peacefull, you must not have war with over 1 neighbour.

And yes, I support that when you move the sliders too much (or too many sliders) in a short period, certain riots will ensue that can cause things ranging from minor dicontent to anarchy.
      hi ,

now thats a top idea

as for the sliders , , maybe depending on a city that has not a courthouse , etc , ...... othrewise we could have riots all the time , ......

many people move the science way lower the last couple of turns to cash in on the money , .....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

This is very intersting.

I thought that I saw something similar being discussed on another thread, but I do not think they have got to your level of detail.

You have given me some good things to think about, I appreciate that.
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

diplomat, your system doesn't seem really representative of reality for one reason:
          Many of these elements are co-related and inter-influencial. Some of them are also repeating (social structure being dependant on politics and administration, etc.). You may wish to build a centralized democracy with uncentralized economy (capitalism): good luck building this in reality...

So did you also thaught to a way of making it more logical? Perhaps there could be some influences, based simply on what I had thaught:
          You, as a player, can try to push a bar some place, but it will only slowly move where you want it and it will be slower or faster depending on other elements (it can even go the opposite side, but just slower because of you trying to keep it back).
          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
            diplomat, your system doesn't seem really representative of reality for one reason:
            Many of these elements are co-related and inter-influencial. Some of them are also repeating (social structure being dependant on politics and administration, etc.). You may wish to build a centralized democracy with uncentralized economy (capitalism): good luck building this in reality...

So did you also thaught to a way of making it more logical? Perhaps there could be some influences, based simply on what I had thaught:
            You, as a player, can try to push a bar some place, but it will only slowly move where you want it and it will be slower or faster depending on other elements (it can even go the opposite side, but just slower because of you trying to keep it back).
            hi ,

, if it where to depend on your buildings , libs , uni's , certain wonders and traits why not , ......

but can this be programmed , ......

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
            X