Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BTS] Is it possible to altar Mountains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BTS] Is it possible to altar Mountains?

Without a lot of scripting, could I say have mountains give resources or allow travel through or even have rivers?

Thanks for any feedback!

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I couldn't find a way to allow passage through a mountain square in Worldbuilder. You can manually put resources and rivers on mountains in Worldbuilder but I guess that is not what you really looking to do. I am quite sure you will have to do some scripting. I can't help you with the scripting as it is a complete mystery to me.

Comment

Thanks, just trying to make use other than waste of space

Comment

I find it a bit annoying too. Sometimes I go into worldbuilder and change them all to hills.

IIRC They were supposed to be a waste of space and/or a barrier. Been a long time since IV came out so my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Comment

but when you use World builder don't that affect your ability to win

Comment

Originally posted by mrp View Post
            but when you use World builder don't that affect your ability to win
            Well, you can still win, I use WB almost all the time, to create maps/environments for an enjoyable experience.

Gramps

Comment

The RifE mod allows certain units (mostly dwarven and giantkin, plus a few others) to pass through mountains, and to do some improvements there. Also, cities can work mountain tiles. There's also an ability (available to dwarven clerics) which changes a mountain to a hill.

Comment

I find it a bit annoying too. Sometimes I go into worldbuilder and change them all to hills.

Comment

Some mapscripts allow you to determine the % of mountains (as well as other terrain). This is before you start the game, obviously. After you start, WB is your only option.

Comment

It has been done at an SDK level, so it will depend if you`re skilled enough in SDK to integrate that.

You can find the Mod component in the Civfanatics site. It is a Mod component in the 2nd page of Mod components called "Mountains: back to service", for civ4 v3.19, created by NeverMind.

Comment

Working...
                    X