No announcement yet.

Official Firaxis Civilization IV Modding Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is the final week to send in submissions! Get 'em in the mail people!

Comment

Solution: build a mod, ask an american to submit the mod, share the prize.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
        Solution: build a mod, ask an american to submit the mod, share the prize.
        As an american in a legal state I fully support this idea!

In all seriousness the contest should have been over yesterday. Did anyone get an email announcing they won?

Firaxis's website says to find out the winners you can send them a self addressed envelope and they will mail you back the winners. Sounds like a lot of work to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
          In all seriousness the contest should have been over yesterday.
          Yes, the contest ended Monday (actually what, 11:59pm Monday?), however Firaxis will then have to sort all of the last minute entries and review the contents of each. In the case of scenario entries these reviews will take some time, as it will need to be determined what are the defining qualities and unique aspects of each scenario (sometimes which can only be determined thru a lengthy playtesting process). These results will then have to be compared against other previous entries and winners determined.
          I'm sure Firaxis has a crack staff working on this project as we speak (probably armed with a couple gallons of Jolt soda and a list of eateries that deliver all night), however this will probably still take a considerable amount of time before the winners of each category are determined.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan
            I'm sure Firaxis has a crack staff working on this project as we speak
            I love the folks over at Firaxis but you give them too much credit. 90% of the work is probably being done by a marketing intern
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              90% of the work is probably being done by a marketing intern
              Well I'm sure that its a highly qualified intern thats handling this project.

Regardless, I don't think we should be expecting to hear an immediate answer regarding results and winners.

Also, I think it would be neat if FIraxis were to post a Top 5 or Top 10 list for each category, as it would give some feedback as to where each person's entries fell, as well as giving a list of potential people to bounce ideas off of in the future.

D

Comment

So... anyone gotten any emails yet?

I just realized they had the following disclaimer in their rules:

Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
                No robotic entry?!? Did that really need to be specified? Are there a lot of Civ fans among industrial tools? Does this mean that monkey's can enter (as long as they dont live in arizonia)? What about cyborgs? If I have a pacemaker am I disqualified? What about a metal plate in my head or a sock in my pants?

Comment

Its been over a month since the contest closed. The link has been removed from Firaxis's front page (though the link in the first post still works). Is there an ETA on this? I hate to think of those poor computers, still sitting in their boxes, unable to fulfill their dream of sharing in a conquest of a mongol empire.

Comment

Working...
                  X