Official Firaxis Civilization IV Modding Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Firaxis Civilization IV Modding Contest

The winners have been notified! Many thanks to those that took the time to create content for the contest!
    Last edited by firaxis_den; May 19, 2008, 15:25.

U.S. residents only.
    I almost started updating my map script!
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Typical. Only one country exists in the world.

And why call it a Mod contest if you can't even submit a "mod"?

Comment

Love the idea, but yeah, US-only That's excluding like 80% of all the great modmakers out there.

And not having a category for full-blown mods is also a mistake IMO, most of the best works out there are in that category. I can see the need to restrict the scope a little bit for practicality purposes but unfortunately WBS-only mods are completely useless, you can't do anything with them. You're pretty much restricted to Earth [enter date] scenarios.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yeah!

I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Comment

I guess the reason they want it in US only is because they can use the submissions for promotion later on. If it were in another country, they couldn't really promote the educational use of their game for US citizens really well. Also, I suspect there is some sort of deal made with the ministry of education or whatever you call it over there.

And Firaxis are aware other countries will do a better job than Americans.

A shame I can't join, I wished to contribute.
            be free

Comment

The US only thing is likely due to tax regulations, since they are giving out prizes of material value.

Byzantine IRS regulations

Comment

Plenty of other American companies have run competitions that are open to the whole world (including Stardock and BHG) so I don't buy that.

Comment

Re: Official Firaxis Civilization IV Modding Contest

Originally posted by firaxis_den
                  http://www.firaxis.com/community/modcontest.php
                  Dennis, the site's down. It went down while I was writing the news item yesterday, I figured you guys were working on the site but it's not back yet.

Comment

2K needed to adjust the content a tad. It will be back up this morning. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

The contest even excludes several US states. Hmmm...
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by firaxis_den
                        2K needed to adjust the content a tad. It will be back up this morning. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
                        It's back

Comment

yeah i was about to start getting excited but then i saw that it isn't actually a mod contest!! wtf?

i would have sent in a mod, but they dont even want one (i guess unless it is educational??)

come on guys!!
                          ModCastNewest Episode!
                          Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

OH NOW IM REALLY PISSED. "Void in Arizona?!@?#!@#$!%@"

GRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
                            ModCastNewest Episode!
                            Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

The state exclusions are presumably due to those state's regulations...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X