• Show
Clear All

• [MOD] THROR78 presents

(Compiled with warlords SDK)
    >>>[MOD]THROR78<<<

This Mod combines several other Mods and some own ideas:

-> MOD 3SquareCityRadius/ Culture expands also over ocean
    -> MOD Improvements outside borders: Fort outside borders buildable
    (in this connection i'd like to have JZOC in here too but i did'nt get it working with those others)
    -> MODtywiggins-Combined-Mod!!!
    -> MOD Terraform: (only) Forests and Jungle are plantable
    -> FreeTechMod (when city conquered)
    -> ChooseHolyCityMod
    -> Abandon/RazeCityMod (STRG-X in city-screen and oops ... gone)
    -> MOD Dales-Combat-Mod: You might deactivate DCM-Stack-Option, because this causes sometimes an error, but after that it seems to be stable!!!

Own things:

- The city square isn't reduced to food=2 anymore!

You can now change in GlobalDefines.xml the FOOD_CONSUMPTION_PER_POPULATION from 2 to 3 and make
    also some food changings in the Terrain.xml:
    grassland 3
    plain 2
    tundra 1
    desert 0
    coast 2
    ocean 2 or 3? for example.

- Peaks are like hills but have less food, more production (only 1 food on grassland)
    Workable/Passable/Useable
    Movement cost 3 defence modifier 50%

- Other defence changings:

Forest/ Jungle 25%
    Fort 50%

- Promotion changings:
    +5 additional strength with every! Promotion

- Added a Semi-King-Unit
    Well it's just a normal General you have right at beginning, but he has your name/ your Civ-Leader-Name
    (I thought once of an Win-option if this unit is killed Gameover or Revolution (when Morachie)...)

- Added some more starting-Units for early bit of defence

- animals are +1 stronger as well as scouts and warriors

- barbs in all time periods active

- building improvements costs now iPillageGold/5*2
    Especially woods are getting expensive this way (also Long planting times). Because they are now plantable one could plant
    them and sacrifice them and so on for wonderbuilding. Not anymore. If those costs are higher than the gold you have
    your workers won't build anything until you have enough money again. ;-)
    So you pay gold for fasten your projects

- + several other changings

In the SDK i marked all (i hope) changings with *TOM*
    There are also the original markings of Dales Combat Mod and improvements outside borders.
    So you'll easily find those changings.

If you found a failure or an error occours pls post here.

If someone gets all this combined with JZOC it would be pretty cool.
    Another thing i would like is to add 1culture square on plots where forts are on.
    (The idea: the player who builds or puts a unit in it creates this cultur. If the player leaves the fort
    and it is outside of any border the cultureSquare gets Barbarian, until another Playerunit moves in "conquers" it back.
    Friendly units("right of passage") can pass all others have to stay outside. Would be a cool combination with ZOC!!!)

I made this Mod mainly for me, so don't shout at me if sth doesn't work but maybe you like it as well. Then i'd be even more happy ;-)
    Nevertheless any Feedback is welcome. And if there are errors, give me a wink and i might have a look at it

Enjoy GL&HF THOR78 (Tom)

(Compiled with warlords SDK)

>>>[MOD]THROR78<<<
    Last edited by Thror78; September 18, 2006, 22:10.

I am just adding a better Fort to this Mod having this features:
    - Fort is a 1x1 City with improvement Fort combined, so this plot has the builders cultureal area (ready)

- Fort(citie)s are buildable next to cities and cities are foundable next to Fort(citie)s (ready)

- if enemy units enter adjacent plots they ...
    ... loose their movement (cautious/ siege preparations) if Fort has units(UNITAI_ATTACK and movement=2) inside (ready)
    ... get bombarded by bombarding units in the Fort (if there are UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY-Units inside like catapult,...) (not ready)
    (and of cause you'll need some more units to get it defended against units and ... culture-revolt)

- Fort repairs defence with rate 1.5 (normal city 1.0)
    - Fort repairs defence with rate 0.5 also if it's got bombarded (normal city 0.0)

- Fort has better healrate for units

- Fort is self-upgrading with buildings when Tech available (ready):
    ... Fort has walls
    ... Fort has viking outpost when technology available
    ... Fort has carthage cothon when technology available
    ... Fort has castle when technology available
    ... Fort has hospital when technology available
    ... Fort has airport when technology available
    ... Fort has bunker and bomb shelter when technology available

Well that are the advantages. You think they are too strong?
    Well:
    Also if a Fort is a city you can't build anything, culture does not grow and the fort itself will always have only 1 citizen.
    And you have to pay for it as for every other city.

When this is all ready i'll let you know! But then you will have an outpost, Fort and airfield all in one available.

Any other ideas?

Comment

If you have to pay the upkeep, then why not simply found a normal city?

Comment

I was thinking about adding a maintenance cost for some improvements, any idea how to do it without making them like cities?
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Any other ideas?
          Sure, I can think of a couple of important details.

Firstly, the owner of the fort should not have to pay any number-of-cities cost, since it's not really a city. Thus, there would be a point in building a fort instead of founding a city.

Secondly, forts should not change owners due to culture. But I don't think you should be able to build forts inside a foreign culture.

More ideas (about non-city colonies) can be found in this thread.

/Baldyr

Comment

Interesting mod.
            I'll give you a wish list for the peak mod soon.
            Flash
            Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
            the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

Working...
            X