This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new SDK is on the Warlords CD.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Hi i got a problem and MMC advises me to simply change the cvplot.cpp.
      But i only find that new VC++8:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
      Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
      Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 76542-000-0000011-00125

Can anyone tell me where i can find the old 2003 version, so that i simply have to follow the steps in post #1?

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
        The new SDK is on the Warlords CD.
        Is it VS 2005 compatible?

I'd really appreciate that.

Tom P.

Comment

It's not VS 2005 compatible unfortunately. Only VS 2003. And there is a place you can download it for <$1, but I can't remember the address.
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Here it is but for free:

VCToolkitSetup.exe

Comment

Does C++ NET Standard Edition suffice?

Does anybody know whether the Standard Edition of MS Visual C++.NEt 2003 does the job of compiling the SDK? Since the 2003 toolkit is said to be the compiler also shipped with the 2003 Professional edition.
              So I'm uncertain about buying the Standard Edition, which I could afford.
              It's only for the SDK, so it would be a pity if the Standard Edition couldn't compile the SDK.

Thankful for advice.

Comment

Why not just download the toolkit for free?

Although I believe the compiler is the same for all versions of VC++ 2003. The only different compilers are the 64-bit or PPC (Mac) compilers.

Comment

Did that!

But with the Standard Edition you get a complete IDE, not only a console compiling tool.

Comment

You can get a free IDE to go with the free toolkit if you use Code::Blocks. Having compared the two, I find that the Code::Blocks IDE is actually easier to use.

Comment

What's Code::Blocks?

Comment

Forget about it.
                        Just checked it out via the link in the first post of this thread.

Comment

Great step by step guide. Followed it almost to the letter (installed the SDK before the toolkit), didn't get any problems. Compiled the project, and loaded it in the Civ4, no problems whatsoever.

I almost didn't bother trying because it seemed like a lot of work just to get it compiled. Glad i tried it, because it's really simple.

Of course i haven't tried changing anything yet...so my enthusiasm might diminish in the future
                          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Code::Blocks doesn't allow editing code

Hi, out there.
                            I finally managed to get the source code compiled in code::blocks.
                            But to my surprise it's not possible to edit the code.
                            Written text doesn't appear at the prompt in the code modules (.cpp and .h).
                            Maybe it's a settings issue. Anyone can help?

Comment

That's not a codeblocks problem, the files are set to read only in windows. (right-click->properties, uncheck read-only)
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Thanks, Lemmy!

Comment

Working...
                                X