X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesreamb73
    replied
    Compiling the SDK

The original subject which I cannot seem to edit is a bit misleading.

Edit: SD was kind enough to change the subject.

These are instructions to build linux game binaries with the SDK, and have nothing to do with repacking the SDK to a native linux installer.

Leave a comment:

• Raion
    replied
    Superstring - yes, you get a compiler with the standard version. Unless I am mistaken, the IDE would set up that compiler for the IDE, but if you changed the paths to use the Toolkit Professional version of the compiler, I think that could be done, but you have to change it to use it to the folders where it is located. When you set up to use Direct X SDK Platform, you give the folder and info needed in Options to do that and put if first in the list so the IDE uses those include and bin and lib files to compile with for writing a Direct X Program. Otherwise, the IDE will only use the Platform SDK to compile with and only use whatever version of Direct X that may include - like version 5 instead of Direct X 9.0c version.
    But it probably can be done, but you have to give or include the folders where it is located and usually at the top of the list like Direct X would be done.

Leave a comment:

• Superstring
    replied
    Thanks, Lemmy!

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy
    replied
    That's not a codeblocks problem, the files are set to read only in windows. (right-click->properties, uncheck read-only)

Leave a comment:

• Superstring
    replied
    Code::Blocks doesn't allow editing code

Hi, out there.
    I finally managed to get the source code compiled in code::blocks.
    But to my surprise it's not possible to edit the code.
    Written text doesn't appear at the prompt in the code modules (.cpp and .h).
    Maybe it's a settings issue. Anyone can help?

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy
    replied
    Great step by step guide. Followed it almost to the letter (installed the SDK before the toolkit), didn't get any problems. Compiled the project, and loaded it in the Civ4, no problems whatsoever.

I almost didn't bother trying because it seemed like a lot of work just to get it compiled. Glad i tried it, because it's really simple.

Of course i haven't tried changing anything yet...so my enthusiasm might diminish in the future

Leave a comment:

• Superstring
    replied
    Forget about it.
    Just checked it out via the link in the first post of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Superstring
    replied
    What's Code::Blocks?

Leave a comment:

• MMC
    replied
    You can get a free IDE to go with the free toolkit if you use Code::Blocks. Having compared the two, I find that the Code::Blocks IDE is actually easier to use.

Leave a comment:

• Superstring
    replied
    Did that!

But with the Standard Edition you get a complete IDE, not only a console compiling tool.

Leave a comment:

• MMC
    replied
    Why not just download the toolkit for free?

Although I believe the compiler is the same for all versions of VC++ 2003. The only different compilers are the 64-bit or PPC (Mac) compilers.

Leave a comment:

• Superstring
    replied
    Does C++ NET Standard Edition suffice?

Does anybody know whether the Standard Edition of MS Visual C++.NEt 2003 does the job of compiling the SDK? Since the 2003 toolkit is said to be the compiler also shipped with the 2003 Professional edition.
    So I'm uncertain about buying the Standard Edition, which I could afford.
    It's only for the SDK, so it would be a pity if the Standard Edition couldn't compile the SDK.

Thankful for advice.

Leave a comment:

• Thror78
    replied
    Here it is but for free:

VCToolkitSetup.exe

Leave a comment:

• MMC
    replied
    It's not VS 2005 compatible unfortunately. Only VS 2003. And there is a place you can download it for <$1, but I can't remember the address.

Leave a comment:

• padillah
    replied
    Originally posted by MMC
    The new SDK is on the Warlords CD.
    Is it VS 2005 compatible?

I'd really appreciate that.

Tom P.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X