No announcement yet.

Great Idea for a Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with gdi here. It provides a certain amount of game balance and a great amount of realism. This is the kind of comprimise I was looking for in civ4
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Comment

i dont know, i like the compromise, but i like the fact that the mountains are natural barriers. historically geography has played a huge role in defense. mountains typically have meant an impregnable position. While this solution does slow down forces, it doesn't really affect anything but just that--the speed. And troop speed has been a big complaint and subject of modification in a lot of these mods. Since standing on a mountain would likely provide a huge defensive bonus, it doesn't hurt the enemy troops to be stuck there. I guess the positive thing I like about that solution is that it gives you more time to prepare, but not much. its a tough issue that could easily spawn 3-4 different mods for it, but I like the debate here

Comment

I definitely think mountains should be impassable, though only until you get to engineering. After that they take one turn to pass each square of mountain, 1/2 a turn with railroad.

Comment

I also think they should have something like a 100% or 200% defense bonus.

Comment

Working...
          X