Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MOD] New Resources: Pearls (+ Coffee, Salt, Tobacco Version 2.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Alpha Channels are bad. I fix your Alpha Channels using MW Graphics dxtbmpx http://fly.to/mwgfx/ it's free. Your bonus now can be seen.

Comment

Hmmm? I will check this out. To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by alpha channels; I may have a question or two later, but for now I will follow that link and see what I discover.

Will this make the miniature city icons appear?

Thanks for this, BTW.

EDIT: OK, you're talking about alpha transparency. Sorry, it's still early for me (coffee, please). I'm assuming this will fix the black background issue I struggled with for a while (not worth getting into details here), but not fix the miniature city icons.
      One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
      "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Your Alpha Channels are bad. Now you should be able to see your bonus when you fix the the alpha. I used MW Graphics DXTBmp, plus Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Corel Paint Shop Pro X to fix your alphas. To see bonus in civ when in the city view you need to make Res\fonts\GameFont for your bonuses, I used Master Lexx GreenMod 1.74 alpha and copy paste your bonus into it must be in order first to last salt coffee tobacco pearl then if you like your next new bonus. This GameFont was hard for me, Master Lexx is going teach after he makes GreenMod 1.93. I can't wait to learn the right way. I rar my changes I can email you a copy to see what I did. Roamty

Comment

If you wouldn't mind, that would be great. Shoot me an e-mail with the rar at webmaster@rjwoerheide.com. I'll give you credit when I fix this and post an updated version.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
          One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.

Comment

I had already tried putting icons in the res/fonts/ directory, putting them in the GameFont and GameFont_75 TGAs. Back when I tried it didn't seem to effect the game.

Now that I've looked at Lexx's GreenMod I see he has done that and it works fine for him. I have tried using the same files with my own icons and exporting/saving them as Targas via Photoshop 7. The program tells me I have to save as "a copy," which I do and then rename for proper filenames.

But the game crashes when it loads--using my adjusted TGAs but not with Lexx's. I don't understand what is going on and I'm frustrated.

EDIT:
            Many thanks to Roamty!
            I have implemented his fix and will post version 2.2 shortly (with alpha channel and city mini icon fix).
            Last edited by rjwoer; January 3, 2006, 22:03.

Comment

Version 2.2 has been submitted to the file directory and the link in this thread also updated.

The alpha channel problem is fixed for Civilopedia icons and the city detail miniature resource icons are functioning properly. Additional tweaks may come in the future, but for now this is a fully satisfying mod (IMHO), thanks to the help I've received here.

Version 2.2 can be alternately downloaded from http://www.rjwoerheide.com/temporary...urces v2.2.zip

The mod is now also "pluggable" for use in the Mod directory of Civ 4 (thanks, again, Roamty).

Comment

Version 2.4 has been uploaded to Apolyton. The pluggable mod is tested and functioning properly with 1.61 use. I have fixed an error which prevented the tech screens from appearing. The above mentioned fix for the city mini icons ended up causing problems. That has been removed.

I'm sure these resources (or at least 2/3rds of them) will be included in Warlord expansion. But in the meantime for those interested in a smoothly functioning 1.61 version of my resource mod. Here ya go!

http://apolyton.net/upload/view/7027...heideResources(V2_4).zip

Comment

When I use this (atleast with smart map) Scotland Yard and Kremlin are aviable from the begining to build. How do I fix that?

Comment

Okay, it does that on every mapp (smart map or not) and I get an error about teh Great Palace and Great Dam whenever I start the game, how do I fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                      Okay, it does that on every mapp (smart map or not) and I get an error about teh Great Palace and Great Dam whenever I start the game ...
                      It sounds like the renamed XML fields are popping up as problems. That is, the fields that Firaxis inexplicably renamed (like Forbidden Palace becoming Great Palace).

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                      ... how do I fix this?
                      I have adjusted the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file to prevent this (it is one of the updates to the mod for 1.61). In other words, you shouldn't need to fix this.

I have absolutely no idea why the other problems you spoke of would occur (the Scotland Yard and Kremlin thing).

Since you are reporting these problems I will look into them, but it will be tough to solve if I can't reproduce the same errors on any of my machines or Civ installs. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

[EDIT: Anyone else having these problems? Anyone else running the updated mod without these problems?]

Comment

Is the one listed in the first post the most updated? The one above my first post in this thread isn't downloading, so I might have the wrong one.

Comment

Indeed! Thank you. That is probably the problem (fortunately, since I was pulling my hair out). Try this link: http://www.rjwoerheide.com/temporary...ources_V24.zip

I will also update the first post in this thread to include the most updated.

Sorry for the bad link and thanks again.

Comment

Thanks I'll try it out tomorrow.

Comment

I have updated the mod as follows:

Version 2.5
                              Increased chance of gold, gem, silver (only) appearing after mine construction, from 1 in 10000 to 1 in 1000.
                              Made workshop +1 gold.
                              Made copper +1 gold.
                              Made wine +1 happiness with grocer instead of +2.
                              Wrote and updated strategy texts (ie: "Sid's Tips" in-game) for grocer, market, and supermarket to reflect interaction with custom resources.

added DISTILLERY building mod version 1.0 (details)

Version 2.5 is available at the start of this thread, and here: http://apolyton.net/upload/view/7027...rces_V2pt5.zip

[Edit: submitted to directory on 6/20]
                              Last edited by rjwoer; June 20, 2006, 20:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X