No announcement yet.

[Mod] New Civilization: Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I've understood this correctly placing the files under MODS will require an action on my part each and every time I start the game, whereas using CustomAssets will give the same effect automatically for all types of games, including scenarios and other mods.

CustomAssets seems the way to go, although I still have the white flags. (And my Vikings speak German, as well. Old Norse would be appreciated for the next version, thank you ).

Comment

But if you want to play without the Vikings one time you need to remove all the files by using CustomAssets.

All you need to do is place the Vikings under the mods directory and make a shortcut to the Civilization4.exe and add "mod=\Vikings" at the end of it and the game will start with that mod. If you want to play without that mod or with another mod use the orginal chortcut or a shortcut för the mod you want to play.

To use a mod in CustomAssets can get strange errors when you try another mod.

Comment

I love having the Vikings. Great Job. But I'm having a few problems.

1) I get an error message when loading that says: Tag: UNIT_VIKINGS_VikingBoat in Info class was incorrect
        Current XML file is: Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

As a result, when I play the Vikings it says Unique Unit: None

2) Like others, the flag is just white and blank.

3) When I start with the Viking, the default civ name is: TXT_KEY_CIV_VIKINGS_DESC
        The default short description is: TXT_KEY_CIV_VIKINGS_SHORT_DESC
        And The default adjective is: TXT_KEY_CIV_VIKINGS_ADJECTIVE
        These exact words come up. I can get around this by editing them on the setup screen but I'd rather not have to.

If anyone can help me fix these, especially the problem with the VikingBoat I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X