Clear All

• [Mod] New Civilization: Vikings

The file is: http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...59_Vikings.zip

Civilization: Vikings
    Noun:Vikings
    Adjective: Viking
    Colors: Red
    Starts with: Fishing and Hunting
    UU: Viking Boat (galley, 1+ moviment per turn)

Title and leader: King Canute
    Leader bonuses: Expansive and Organized
    Leader favourite civic: Hereditary Rule

Cities:
    Trondheim
    Bergen
    Copenhagen
    Reykjavik
    Oslo
    TO BE CONTINUED...

CivArmy's Civ3 and Civ4 Libraries: here

Looks good, but: My game crashes immediately upon startup. I might have installed the files in the wrong folders, though. Where should I put them?

Comment

I get the mod to work but are missing all the unik grafic.

Comment

It is strange, it works fine here Maybe it is some problem of version, don't know, my version is in English. But not sure if it is the reason of that problems friends.
        If u have some screen shots of the problem maybe it could help us

U must move the "Vikings" folder to "mod" folder of your "Civ4" folder.

Comment

Originally posted by CivArmy s. 1994
          U must move the "Vikings" folder to "mod" folder of your "Civ4" folder.
          Not the 'CustomAssets' folder, then??? Should everything (including the 'Viking.ini') go directly under the MODS folder?

Comment

I have placed the Viking directory in the mods directory so that cant be whats casuing my grafical errors.

This is a shot so you can se whats i mean.

Comment

Viking Boat should be called Long Boat. Another UU should be nice, a Viking unit replacing the axeman or something and strart with amphibious promotion.

Comment

Two UU's? That would mean you'd have to give every other civ 2 UU's to match.
                Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Point of history, but Vikings where master seamen and their long boats could navigate across the ocean quite well, unlike the galleys of the game, that can't leave sight of land. In a lot of ways, that was their fame, instead of being quicker. That and perhaps a mod for the axeman.

Comment

Actualy I have been thinking that each Civ should have Unique Unit Upgrades say for example Vikings would have "Berzerker" ability which gives some kind of strong attack bonus but reduces defence. Adding new unit abilities is probably beyond our capabilities untill the SDK is released.
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I don't know what is happening in my Civ4 the flag appear

I took this screen shot of the file downloaded from here. Does the flag appear on civilopedia screen or it is white there too? And a player for Portugal met this same problem with the civ of Portugal also done by myself and here the flag appears too.
                      I really don't know what is causing this

Comment

I just checked the civilopedia and the flag are correct displayeld there.

Comment

I just tested your Brazil mod with the same result, no flags.

Comment

I've placed it in the CustomAssets directory, and everything works smoothly now, except that the flags are white.

Comment

Why CustomAssets? Use the mods directory its better and working as good. Make sure you unpack the Viking directory in to mods and then load the mod inside the game or use a chortcut with modifyed comandline.

Comment

Working...
                              X