Custom "EPic"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom "EPic"?

I would like to make each turn progress 1/2 of the years that it normally progresses, and also double the beaker cost of each technology.

Anyone know how I can go about this?

You'll probably enjoy this mod: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=141059

It leaves plenty of time to have long, involved wars at every age before technology makes your units obsolete. He's constantly making tweaks, and the next one (0.8a) should have better gameplay for the first technological age.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to try that mod, but reading about it I don't like the tech tree changes.

I just want to play regular Civ but with the fixed pace.

Thanks for the link though.

Comment

The file you want is "xml\gameinfo\CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml". Hopefully you understand the XML files. Just look for the "GameTurnInfos" section, and that's what you'll want to modify.

Bh

Comment

Ah yes, thanks

Comment

When you figure it out and test it, post it here. There are a couple of good playable mods here and Civfanatics (dearmad’s for example) I’ve played a bit of that extend the timeline. But none, as you pointed out, that do just that. I wouldn’t mind seeing a mod that extends the game with no other changes (except balance changes for the extending turns, of course).
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

If you want just the gamespeed changes in that mod that I linked to, then use only the gamespeed.xml from the mod. Extract it into the proper directory then go and delete everything except that file.

Comment

Checkout this thread and scroll down to Cordelayne's post : http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=143565

Comment

Working...
                X