[Mod] Forestry Mod v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod] Forestry Mod v2

Ok, I've updated my Forestry Mod (initially discussed in this thread).

For those who didn't follow it's development: It's a tiny mod which, upon discovering the Guilds tech, allows your workers to build a "Tree Nursery" improvement. When you work the tile with this improvement for ~25 turns (like the Cottage), it will disappear and leave behind a forest tile.

Changes:
    - Changed the "english for runaways" translation "Tree School" into "Tree Nursery"
    - Changed the icon for the "Build Tree Nursery" job to a picture of a forest.
    - Did a cleanup and a rename on the files in the TXT directory to reduce filesize and make it easier for people to use this modification along with others.

Edit: Updated to v3
    Changes:
    - The mod wasn't actually working after the first update. BIG thanks (and apologies) to buffy66 for pointing this out! Fixed now.
    - When a Tree Nursery matures into a Forest it will now be announced in the game log. Thanks to HawaiiFive-0 for figuring out how to get the addMessage statement to work.
    - Made a minimal adjustment to the XML so the game will now say "Will turn into a Forest in x turns"
    - included a readme with rudementary instructions

Have fun.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rezaf; November 16, 2005, 08:58.
    _____
    rezaf

Check out my Forest planting mod or my Terrain adaption mod

Read the rulse on posting files. All threads shall be prefixed with [Category]. Also if you concider the mod stable, it should be added to the directory.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

where do I put the forestry mod files? I seem to be a bit dim today.

Comment

@rezaf

Would it be possible to remove that temporary building, and replace it with trees, but at a smaller scale than forests?

Comment

Help me ^^

I can't get your mod to work. I have un-rar'ed it into the mods folder and then i start the game, go to advance and load the mod.

The game restarts and it says in the upper right corner that the mod loaded but when i get in game and develop guilds I still do not have the option with my workers to build this improvement.

Anyhelp would be great, thanks.

Comment

Re: Forestry Mod v2

Originally posted by rezaf
            Changes:
            - Changed the "english for runaways" translation "Tree School" into "Tree Nursery"
            LOL. You did translate Baumschule word by word, didn't you?

Have fun.
            Thanks, I'll try your "Baumkrippe" mod Seems fun. Thanks for your work.
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
              @rezaf

Would it be possible to remove that temporary building, and replace it with trees, but at a smaller scale than forests?
              I'd love to do this. I'd also love to make the upgrade times more reasonable - now they work contrary to how it should be, with the upgrading taking much more turns early on (when 1 turn is actually 40 years) and less turns when 1 turn = 1 year. Sadly, I find myself unable to get enough gaming time these days.
              This will change in time, hopefully, but upon then, unless you tell me what to change, I fear I can't look into it just now.
              _____
              rezaf

Check out my Forest planting mod or my Terrain adaption mod

Comment

I wanted to post about the mod not working, but I can see that v3 is available. Thanks!
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Another way to do this mod is making the Tree Nursery develop into a terrain improvement called "Grown Forest". Since artificial forests can never develop the same ecosystem as original ones, the properties could be slightly differen.
                  The difference between industrial society and information society:
                  In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                  In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

But that would suck because then you couldn't build a lumbermill on it, you couldn't get the health benefits from it, and you couldn't use woodsman promotion on them.

\

Comment

I can't get the mod to work. I put it into my CustomAssets folder, which now includes the sub-folders 'art', 'assets', 'Forestry Mod', etc. Is this the correct place?

Comment

No. Either you
                        1. unrar the mod in the Mods folder and then load it as a mod in the game, or
                        2. you unrar the mod and then copy the content of the Python and Xml directories in the corresponding subfolders in the CustomAssets folder. This way all your games will use it.
                        In CustomAssets you should only have 'art', 'assets' and so on. No separate mod folders.
                        --George Bernard Shaw
                        --Woody Allen

Comment

Thanks!

It worked, and I like the opportunity to be able to grow my own forests.

Comment

I know this is old, but for other people coming back to CIV and looking to plant trees in Beyond the sword, there is a error in the code that results in the game crashing "pPlot.setImprovementType(-1)" should be "pPlot.setImprovementType(0)" with the improvement to feature code in the CvEventManager.py

Comment

Working...
                            X