Religion modding - Thanks Firaxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion modding - Thanks Firaxis

I have been toying a bit with the game files to remove some religions for smaller games (as 7 is too many when you have 5 players), and found out there is a file which has commerce, culture, science and spread values for all religions. They are all set to the same values, but it is very simple to mod them if you are so inclined (giving some religions different bonuses and allowing them to spread at different speeds).

This means that while in the official game the touchy subject of religious differences is not disturbed, we can do it in our mods.

Thanks Firaxis, for this. It is great.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Hey that is cool! What file is it that contains this information?
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

The XML file that governs religions is in the Assets/XML/GameInfo directory.

Comment

The XML file that governs religions is in the Assets/XML/GameInfo directory.

Comment

Ok, the question is how do I remove a religion? I tried just about everything I could think of, from changing the prerequesite tech, to completely deleting the religions entry from the xml file. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Changing the prereq tech is what I've done to disable religions.

Comment

Yup, I have made the religions I didn't want coming only after invention of the Future Tech.

Incidentally, it is possible to modify also negative modifiers for some religions - and there are different values for holy city, for generic religion (i.e. city with that religion but no state religion) and for state religion (i.e. city with that religion as a state religion).
              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Ok, I must have done something wrong then, because I tried to change the prerequesite and still was getting the religions when they normally come. I'll look at my work again later and try to figure out what I did. Thanks for letting me know that I was on the right track and it will work though, even if I messed it up so far.

Comment

Working...
                X