Just Me and the Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abdul Alhazred:

Yes .... it is certainly an unusual scenario and probably totally unlike any other.

However, after playing several "conventional" Civ 4 games, I would like to try my hand at playing something totally different where one can have an opportunity to build all the Wonders and see all those interesting Wonder movies.

Comment

Based on the somewhat limited knowledge we all have, I think it could be modded in.

I do not know about somehow importing a map of Cape Town area into Civ4. Perhaps such a map would have to made in the conventional way in the map editor.

If I were playing your mod, I would take over Table Mountain and rule the whole area from there. Anyone that tried to come up there and get me would get a rude awakening.
      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Mace:

Thank you for your reply.

I have read (and it has been confirmed) that there is a BMPConverter programme (designed by Jon "Trip" Shafer) associated with Civ 4.

"The BMPConvert utility requires the colors for the inputted bmp files to match up with certain values so you won't be able to simply input the image into the program. It will require you to edit the image so that the utility is able to read the different parts of the map in order to make something Civ 4 will recognize."

I have already downloaded a fairly nice NASA satellite image of the greater metropolitan Cape Town region. Now I have to somehow convert it into a format compatible with the BMPConverter.

The BMPConverter programme should most certainly permit the community to create some really interesting Civ 4 maps.

And yes .... I would imagine that the top of Table Mountain (a large fairly flat area 3500 feet above the city) would indeed provide an excellent (and highly defendable) area from which to rule the region.

Comment

Working...
        X