AoD2: 1.07 Changelog & discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
    Hermann, have you made any profit selling TGs to natives?

I may be wrong...
    Minor profit, IIRC, something like buying at 300 and getting 400. Mind you, in the real world +33% would be pretty darned good.
    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
      Here's one of the new songs:

What is the name and artist of that first song? It's amazing!!
      Last edited by Aerion; March 8, 2009, 20:38.

Comment

The first song (the Main Menu music) is Age of Discovery by Trailerhead.

Appropriate huh?

Comment

F***ing awesome song!

EDIT:
          @Hernann: I agree. +33% profit would be really good.
          Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Originally posted by dale View Post
            the first song (the main menu music) is age of discovery by trailerhead.

appropriate huh? :d
            very!!

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
            Last edited by Aerion; March 9, 2009, 12:21.

Comment

Tested it again now btw...
              On a Custom Map Marathon Game with even larger Bell Production i get 1/3 of REF than on Ozzys Map.
              Seriously dont wanna nag too much but maybe its possible to fix the Game setting stuff for that Map?

Another thing i noticed not sure if it was brought up allrdy...
              The Missionaries with dropping succeed chance is a good thing imo. Tho 2 Things i wonder:
              a) The chance is dropping REALLY fast on harder difficulta settings.
              b) the chance doesnt go up anymore after you have "lost" some missions to various ways (war, disband of settlement, other nations, etc) Not sure if thats intended but if you are unlucky with your first few missions and loose em all the chance that you get new ones is really low. Maybe its possible to have the game check the number of currently active missions to decide the suceed chance of a new mission built? right now it seems it just drops on a successfull mission but doesnt go up anymore if this one is lost.

One more thing in this war of Independence the King landed with 3 Gallons full of troops on a completely different Island and just sit there with his troops so i had to find and chase em down to end the war. Working as intended or something messed up?

regards

p.s. where the kings troops landed was nothing not even a single scout of mine there it was just in middle of nowwhere and the kings troops just sat there till i found em
              Last edited by immanuel_b; March 10, 2009, 15:37. Reason: p.s. added

Comment

a) It drops 10% per succesful mission.
                b) I have also thought of it. Maybe it would be better to stabilize at 20%?

p.s. where the kings troops landed was nothing not even a single scout of mine there it was just in middle of nowwhere and the kings troops just sat there till i found em
                !!!

Comment

actually its way more....
                  in my current game on hardest lvl its 100 - 85 - 61 - 51 - 43 - 31 - 17 - 7 - 4 - 1
                  dont know where these numbers come from i just noticed it last game and tested it again now
                  Dont know really...
                  if i have 0 active missions the chance should be 100% imo
                  maybe have the game check the active missions of yours and have a base chance of 20% or so.
                  just as info why doesnt have a jesuit missionary a higher chance than a normal FC missionar? or did i oversee something? mhm

regards

Comment

Originally posted by immanuel_b View Post
                    actually its way more....
                    in my current game on hardest lvl its 100 - 85 - 61 - 51 - 43 - 31 - 17 - 7 - 4 - 1
                    dont know where these numbers come from i just noticed it last game and tested it again now
                    Dont know really...
                    if i have 0 active missions the chance should be 100% imo
                    maybe have the game check the active missions of yours and have a base chance of 20% or so.
                    just as info why doesnt have a jesuit missionary a higher chance than a normal FC missionar? or did i oversee something? mhm

regards
                    The percentage change is defined in Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and is different for difficulty levels.

Comment

Is it defined by number of active missions, or by total missions (active, non-active)?

Comment

Anecdotally (meaning I can't test it at the moment) I found that if I respond to the "Live Among the Natives/Found a Mission/Just Passing Through" I get the diminishing chance of mission success. If (with a Jesuit) I clicked "Just Passing Through" and then clicked the cross icon I did *not* appear to get a diminishing chance, and if that chance was hidden then I succeeded seven times in a row.
                        "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

@prince: the chance is dropping on every successful mission one of your missionaries founded (doesnt rise anymore when a mission is lost for whatever reason). thats what i meant forehand. i would like to see it so that the game checks the active missions instead.

@hermann: speaking of the current version 1.07 the chance is dropping no matter if you use the popup or the shortcut or manually click the cross button. Only the cross button doesnt show your actual chance to get a succeed tho its there.

@dale: do you think its possible to have the game check the active missions from your civilization to determine the succeed chance on building a new mission? and maybe even further possible to have a better chance on succeeding for jesuit missionars instead normals?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by immanuel_b View Post
                            @prince: the chance is dropping on every successful mission one of your missionaries founded (doesnt rise anymore when a mission is lost for whatever reason). thats what i meant forehand. i would like to see it so that the game checks the active missions instead.

@hermann: speaking of the current version 1.07 the chance is dropping no matter if you use the popup or the shortcut or manually click the cross button. Only the cross button doesnt show your actual chance to get a succeed tho its there.

@dale: do you think its possible to have the game check the active missions from your civilization to determine the succeed chance on building a new mission? and maybe even further possible to have a better chance on succeeding for jesuit missionars instead normals?

regards
                            I'll fix this for 1.08. It was never my intention to permanently have the drop, but for the chance to be based on active missions like you say.

Jesuits have a 25% greater chance of success. So they will actually have 100% chance of success until the popup says 80%.

Comment

well another thing found... sorry just bringing the message.. =)

What i encountered has something to do with the "Buy Shortfall" feature.
                              If there are lets say 2 Towns finishing a building in the same round and both dont have the ressources needed for this there comes a "Buy Shortfall" option in the popup.
                              Now lets say Town 1 built a Ranch which needed 300 Horses but there is only 250 Horses present. an 10 are being produced each turn. So instead of buying the 300 Horses for 2250 gold i decided to wait the 5 Turns. Now Town 2 finished a Lumber Mill which needs 120 Tools which arent available. Normally the Popup should now state "Buy Shortfall for 750 Gold." now what happends is that the Shortfall price from Town 1 is added to the Shortfall Price of Town 2 so now the Popup tells me i could buy the shortfall from Town 2 the 120 Tools for 3000 Gold. This is going on and on if there are several Towns finishing the same turn and every not bought shortfall is increasing the shortfall of the next town. However if i decide to pay the 3000 gold from Town 2 it only finishes the Town 2 build not the town 1 as well even tho i had to pay for both.

Another thing eventually to mention:
                              If there are 299 Horses in Town 1 as the building is finished i still have to pay the full sum of 300 Horses as shortfall instead the 1 horse which is missing. eventually this could be changed?

regards

Comment

LoL! Good catch.

The most annoying bug with production, is when you are not allowed to switch back to the last production.

eg you are building a rum factory, and half way through you decide to make a SoL. When the SoL is produced AI may decide it wants to build XYZ building. Rum factory won't be selectable till you finnish XYZ building!

Comment

Working...
                                X