OK to combine Patch Mod with AOD II ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK to combine Patch Mod with AOD II ?

will that cause some problems to just "combine" them into one mod folder?

Thanks!

If so, is there a plan for that?

Great work guys.

You can't just combine them, because they both use a compiled DLL. Given that Dale is programming on both, though, I don't doubt he'll incorporate the patchmod stuff as appropriate into AODII in (probably short) time. Several of the changes are in there already, in fact, though not the REF or education changes.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks, I knew enough that when I noticed there was no way to "easily" combine the .dlls that I better hold off.

You two are doing great work. Now I just have to decide which one to play until then

I the the REF and the education changes are pretty important.

Comment

Well, if those are important to you, then use the PatchMod for now - we need feedback on whether the levels are appropriate...

Comment

Thanks snoopy.

For the REF adjustment, are the current settings set to what the game initially had or is there already an "adjustment". I couldn't really understand if it was altered already.

To make the REF smaller, which way would I adjust the "200" setting.

Thanks.

Comment

The current settings are an adjustment, but not a huge one. They range from harder on the hardest level to much easier on the easiest levels.

Bigger number = smaller REF. This is the % (times 100) increase in the # of liberty bells needed for each additional REF unit past the first new one (first new one takes 75 give or take, then it increases at a certain percentage, say 85 for the second, 95 for the third, or whatever; instead, this percent changes that difference - in the above example, 10 - and multiplies it by (#/100), so at 200 it doubles it, so instead of 75,85,95 you have 75,95,115.

Comment

I'll be adding the fixes from the patch mod into AoD2 at a later date. So don't worry about missing out on patches in AoD2.

Comment

Working...
              X