Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbs don't actually have that specific behavior (they behave a bit differently), but yes and no. Barbs have a particular set of strategies they choose from, just like any AI; theirs just are a bit different. I wouldn't want to change all natives, I'd want civilized and uncivilized natives separately. More interesting that way.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Hmm.. I might be thinking about Civ3 then.... It's been a while since I've let barbs take my cities

A thing that I liked about the original Col is that natives sometimes raided your colonies without their leader's 'approval'. Having normal 'native' units which can come and gift you stuff, or also raid you to lower tension (from their point of view, of course ) would be great. Of course, those raids need to be less 'lethal' than a regular attack, and have a chance to steal goods / gold even if defeated. If the colony isn't even defended, then population loss might (should?) occur, in addition to looting and/or building damage.

Stockades (and in a much greater amount forts) should, besides the obvious boost to defense that helps avoid your unit being lost, reduce goods stolen and chance of building damage if raid successful (maybe negate it with forts?)
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Do I need to download the unofficial patch as well to use this mod?

Comment

• No, all those changes are included in this mod.

Comment

• PatchMod 1.07 released!

Please update from the first post.

Comment

• Nice work Dale.

edit: (n/m)

Comment

• Thank you for clearly marking what is new in the latest update--the list of changes was becoming long enough that it was difficult to tell what was new and what was there already.

Thank you also for adding the 100 turns upon Declaration of Independance--that will greatly help in the "run out of time because the war took too long" area.

Any luck yet on figuring out how to force the King to land his troops at a reasonable pace instead of sitting around keeping them in Europe?
                Last edited by Ijuin; October 29, 2008, 10:25.
                Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

• Someone may have mentioned these before, but here's a few things I noticed:

1) When I buy new ships from Europe, they enter the map in the far southeast corner. That's kind of inconvienient most of the time. Haven't tried sailing in from the west.

2) If a ship loaded partly with embargoed cargo arrives in Europe and I hit the sell button (leaving only the embargoed cargo) I can continue to hit sell. I think the button should go away if all you have on board can't be sold. If you push the sell button repeatedly, the prices of the goods will start to adjust many times in a row(usually in a bad way for the player). Also, the goods for which the prices are changing is seemingly random (I suppose since nothing is actually being sold).

3) Selling treasures causes market prices to adjust. Seems to me, the only thing that should adjust is the good your are selling. Treasures shouldn't trigger price changes.

Comment

• 3) Selling treasures causes market prices to adjust. Seems to me, the only thing that should adjust is the good your are selling. Treasures shouldn't trigger price changes.

On the other hand, dumping an influx of gold on the market might cause inflation, don't you think?
                    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• I'm no economist, but wouldn't inflation affect prices across the board? I don't know, what did the Europeans do with all that gold anyway? I just figured a tiny bit of it was saved as art and the rest was melted down to paint the domes on their palaces or something. =)

Comment

• Oh, and suddenly changing the subject slightly, I've thought of an interesting tweak to the game you might consider.

Howe about, just like when the Indians change what they want to trade in a village, they also can change what expertise they teach.

Remember in Col 1, only one colonist could be trained in an Indian village, then they wouldn't teach anyone else.
                        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

• I read somewhere that the influx of gold really hosed the Spanish economy... was the start of the downfall of them as a world power.

Comment

• Pedia wrong about wagon trains

Dale & Snoopy, you need to set the transport and berth size of a wagon train to 0 as it is currently falsely reporting in the Pedia that it can be loaded onto various ships.

Comment

• treasure is unbalanced in this game!

Originally posted by wodan11
                              I read somewhere that the influx of gold really hosed the Spanish economy... was the start of the downfall of them as a world power.
                              Exactly! Gold & silver caused massive inflation back home, and it destroyed any chance of creating a domestic production-based economy (why make it when we can buy it somewhere else?).
                              The winners in the short term = the church and government, everyone else was a loser in the long term.

Here's my gripe about treasure - why do I as the governor of the New World get to keep any of it? Did Pizarro keep the gold of the Incas? Did Cortes keep all the Aztec loot and use it to buy new ships, wagon trains and encourage immigration to Mexico? No - it went back to the King and was doled out to the conquistadors.

[edit]
                              well shut my mouth - I just found the following info about the distribution of Incan gold:

Distribution of Atahualpa's ransom
                              By the middle of 1533, the entire ransom of silver and gold had been delivered to the Spanish in Cajamarca. The many precious and finely worked objects were melted down over a four-month period to produce some 6 tons of gold and 12 tons of silver. Hernando Pizarro was sent back to Spain with some treasure for the King as part-payment of the "royal fifth", the royal tax paid upon all treasure captured during the conquest. The original conquistadors all received a share equivalent to his position in the conquest: each horseman received 40kg of gold and 81kg of silver whilst foot-soldiers received half this amount.http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/ro...est-1533a.html
                              Last edited by davecheeney; November 3, 2008, 13:37.

Comment

• If there is a problem with being to easy to buy the guns and cannons you need, then the simple answer would be to make the price of these things in Europe either astronomically high, or impossible to buy altogether.

Does the price of them go up after you've bought one? If not, perhaps it should.

Comment

Working...
                                X