Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Colonization CD with PC Gamer magazine or so it seems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Colonization CD with PC Gamer magazine or so it seems...

The gamers magazine PC Gamers has an interesting bonus that comes with next months's package : the old 1994 Colonization game. Has anyone tested it out ?
    «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

I have the old 1994 col game (came in an old Strategy pack I got), and I think it works on DOSBox... i'll have to try running it at home.

I'll probably grab a new PC Gamer magazine also
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Free Colonization CD with PC Gamer magazine or so it seems...

Originally posted by Niptium
      The gamers magazine PC Gamers has an interesting bonus that comes with next months's package : the old 1994 Colonization game. Has anyone tested it out ?
      Is that the DOS or Windows version?
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Nooooo!!! I'm working on an article that explains Colonization to people who've never played the original, but if everyone actually starts playing it now I just wasted a lot of my precious time...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Don't worry, plenty of people will ignore it and need the explanation anyway If nothing else, i'll read it and argue about it on MSN if it makes you feel better...

Comment

The old Colonization works with DosBox (the DOS option,
            of course).
            Best regards,

Comment

It definitely comes with the mag ... have my copy of the mag now (haven't read it yet, but will soon!)

Comment

Ok, it comes with the DOS version, plus DOSBOX is installed for you (v0.72 for those who know/care about that). I'm about a third of the way through a game right now ... works like a charm, sound, everything - and it has a 3x size which works very well on my monitor!

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation !
                  «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

So this would be the August edition? Is it in stores now or do you guys have subs?
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

ping-dshuung.... ping-dshuuung ... detecting subs...

Comment

It's in stores (just got into Borders anyway this saturday).

Comment

As a clarification, realize I didn't answer this: Thanks to the time-travelling magic of the magazine industry, I have a copy of the September PC Gamer, which is the one with the Colonization DVD in it.

Comment

Would the new version of the old game work with Vista?
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Presumably ... it's running in DOSBox, so it's not really running "in" Vista.

Comment

Working...
                              X