Don't upgrade yet!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't upgrade yet!!!!!!!

There is a major bug. I was at turn 406 and went to use my covert ops. The screen was blank. I saved, rebooted the screen was blank. I rebooted, took an old auto-save, the screen was blank. I went back 25 turns and the screen was normal. I process three turns looking at the screen each time, it goes blank on the same turn every time. The only unusual things were I learned Transgenics and there was a victory update. Unless I'm missing something the destroys your ability to do covert ops, the game repeatedly blanks it out at turn 383-384 in this game.

Has anyone else noticed this. My guess is 383 is not a magic number, but something caused this to happen.

I will try another game and keep the forum posted.

There are some other annoying minor bugs, but I could live with them.

Mike

It happened again the only pattern is the AI becomes 50% towards a win on that turn. This makes the game completely unplayable. Am I the only one this is happening to in the game?

Mike

Comment

I've seen a few reports on this happening, but it's not widespread I think.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I decided to play a game beyond the black out by moving all my spies to my cities to avoid losing cites and having spies doing nothing after they finish their mission. Surprising after the 1 spy I had left finished his mission, the covert ops came back on line. This may not be as big as a block as I thought.

Mike

Comment

Now it blanked out again when I got one of the AIs got 75% of the way to victory. The funny thing is she did because I had killed off all the other AIs and she was the only one left. For two more turns.

Mike

Comment

A few reports on this happening but not common

Comment

Is it too much to expect a computer program to be consistent. Playing another game and it is consistently going blank on a turn that the only thing that happens is that two spies completed their mission. I have one more spy on a mission, I'll see it if unblanks when he finishes.

I have a save right before this happens and I'd be interested to know if it happens to anyone else. However, when I try to upload it it says invalid file. If someone is interested in this experiment and can tell me how to upload the file, I'd be happy to do so.

Comment

Upload it here on poly? You need to zip or rar it, in any case it needs to be a file format the forums accept.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  Upload it here on poly? You need to zip or rar it, in any case it needs to be a file format the forums accept.
                  I guess I assumed the save files for the games would be acceptable. I'd zip it, but I accidently deleted it. It'll happen again.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X