Game Setup Choice #3: Ship Cargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Setup Choice #3: Ship Cargo

This poll will be open for 4 days, and the plurality choice will be selected at game start.
    Hydroponics: Begin with an extra Population in your first City
    0.00%
    Laboratory: Begin with the Pioneering technology
    25.00%
    Raw Materials: Begin with a Clinic building in your first City
    18.75%
    Weapons Arsenal: Begin with a Soldier unit
    6.25%
    Machinery: Begin with a Worker unit
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

I think Machinery is clearly the best option.

Comment

Machinery does sound very useful. My main interest in the worker beyond being able to improve tiles immediately, is can it be used as a turn one scout to expand our view prior to building our colony? If it can't, can a solider unit? Being able to do a first turn scout prior to building our colony could allow us more leeway in picking our equipment (no need for retrograde thrusters if we can scout prior to building our colony).
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Worker only appears after colony is planted.

I'm voting worker though.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          Machinery does sound very useful. My main interest in the worker beyond being able to improve tiles immediately, is can it be used as a turn one scout to expand our view prior to building our colony? If it can't, can a solider unit? Being able to do a first turn scout prior to building our colony could allow us more leeway in picking our equipment (no need for retrograde thrusters if we can scout prior to building our colony).
          You've got a two-hex radius view around your city site when it is first founded, IIRC. Turn one scouting is rendered moot.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I voted for the clinic. Guy needs to have a job right away!
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Dammit! Poll too short! What does Pioneering technology and a Clinic provide?!
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

From what I understand there is a case for Pioneering.

Oh Poll is closed. missed it.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yes I have now started to favor pioneering, although I still think machinery is a good start.

Comment

Pioneering is a good one if taking Continental Surveyor and on a water map. If find that on maps where a coastal start and early Trade Routes aren't guaranteed I can research Pioneering about the same time I'd want to build the Trade Depot and Trade Units.

Comment

Working...
                    X