Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivBE review thread

PC Gamer: 87
    Although its foundation in Civ 5 makes it familiar, Beyond Earth is full of interesting surprises.

I'll post others as I become aware of them. Feel free to do so yourselves.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Joystiq:

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

4/5, but is disappointed at how the factions and leaders have no personality.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Metacritic:

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth sends players on an expedition from Earth to lead their people into a new frontier to explore and colonize an alien planet, and create a new civilization.

82/100, didn't read it ... watching the Firaxis Livestream on Twitch.tv

Comment

gamer.no didn't like it: 60

that 60 is going to weigh down the scores

who the **** is gamer.no anyways?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not a review but more in-depth than a first impression. I generally enjoy the WTF Is... series and will watch this one later today.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            gamer.no didn't like it: 60

that 60 is going to weigh down the scores

who the **** is gamer.no anyways?
            Norway's biggest gaming site.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              Norway's biggest gaming site.
              aw now i feel like an ignorant american

thx
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If it makes you feel better that's kind of like saying Wisconsin's biggest gaming site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  aw now i feel like an ignorant american

thx
                  Anytime.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I found my first complaint of the game so far:

At the trade screen, I have Daoming Sochua here wanting to trade me a favor for 3 geothermal.

That's great, except the diplomacy screen removes the bar at the top telling me how many geothermal I have. Would I be trading away all my geothermal? I don't know. So I can't accept the offer.

Let me see how many resources I have when I'm at the screen deciding how many I can trade!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I agree. Except with Geothermal... because who needs that?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        I agree. Except with Geothermal... because who needs that?
                        At least one late wonder for harmony needs 4 Geothermal ... don´t remember which was it.

I agree btw. that often necessary/useful informations seem to be missing.
                        One other necessary thing that is missing is the information in finished production windows, which was the last project that was finished.
                        The only information about projects that got finished this turn is displayed for 1 second in a tool tip at the beginning of your turn ... usually too fast to read them all.
                        I am also missing the large number of stat screens you usually have in Civ ... some of them also rather useful/necessary ... for example a City List, or a stats screen with the number of units you have for each unit type.

I definitely hope the reason for them missing is just, that they didn´t have time to implement them before release (and will implement them in a later update) and not, that they are planning to leave them out in Civ-BE.

All in all I like the new game ... especially rhe fact that all new buildings usually launch a quest in which you have to decide about an aspect which you want to improve with this building ... anf that the Affinities aren´t something that you have to decide at the beginning of the game, but rather somethign that developes, from your choices in quests and the technologies you research
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The reviews remind me of what people said about CivCol: "I was expecting a new game, but found a mod."
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah idgaf cause it's a really good mod.

Comment

Not complaining, it just struck me.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X