No announcement yet.

Vote HERE to bring back Wonder movies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote HERE to bring back Wonder movies!!

I'm a big fan of the Wonder movies from both Civ2 (favorite: Leonardo's Workshop) and Alpha Centauri (favorite: The Self-Aware Colony). Although they add nothing to gameplay, they do make the game more attractive and memorable. IMO this was the one big omission from Civ3.

Do you think Civ4 should have Wonder movies?
    Yes!
    68.14%
    No...
    20.35%
    Either way I'm happy.
    11.50%
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Totally, dude.

EDIT: As long as they are turn-off-able from the options menu, or skippable though a rightclick or Esc or something.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Dominae?

Comment

I voted No, but I am confident that if they keep the wonders concept there will be movies to accompany it.

Comment

Either way is fine. They're cool, but I usually skip through most (except favorites) once I've seen them enough times.

Comment

I'd say yes to some quick little movie. Or if it's possible with the engine, have some ingame zoom in some city view so there is a nice little flyby or something of the wonder. There should be at elast something that sets them apart.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Voted yes

Comment

Do you think Civ4 should have Wonder movies?

YES!!!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It would be good, unless it was going to significantly negatively impact on other game features due to time or whatnot.... and how hard must it be to do such a cool little thing, when every developer and their dog is doing it?
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I wouldn't mind having the wonder movies back, so long as they are simple and don't take up too much of the resources of the game's development. The movies add to the atmosphere of the game, sure; but I'd be willing to get rid of the movies if that would lead to better gameplay and more playtesting.

Comment

How about an option (in the editor) that would allow for both PCX splashscreens and wonder movies? Moddability is important.
                      Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Yes to wonder movies. They do add so much atmosphere to the games, as well as presenting a unique opportunity for some *great* screenshots for the back of the box when the game goes on sale.

If it means less resources go towards making 3d leader heads, well then, alas.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Eventhough the movies always have been a good part of the game, I wonder if it's worth the time spend on it.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Considering the people who make the wonder movies aren't the people who will be involved in working on the gameplay aspect, I really don't care about the time spent.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Apocalypse, civ4 will have a budget.
                              The wonder-movie-makers will cost money and decrease the budget for the programmers.
                              Thus: more wonder movies will mean less features in the game.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X