Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make anti-LGBT businesses publicly post their policy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't say "hit it or passed it" either.
    What a world, what a world.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Yeah MrFun. Homophobia has been cured just like racism and sexism.

In fact, if you want to help the oppressed, you should be an advocate for white christian heterosexual men. They have it the worst.
      my bad
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        You can't say "hit it or passed it" either.
        What a world, what a world.
        You can listen to 80s comedy but you can't tell any of the jokes.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          The effort it takes to get this type of law passed is better spent fighting discrimination in the first place.
          Agreed

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          This probably violates right to association. And the first amendment gives you the right not to speak.

Probably right... as long as somebody is willing to actually take it to court if it passes.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post

Probably right... as long as somebody is willing to actually take it to court if it passes.
            No one answered my previous question yet.

How would forcing businesses to post their anti-LGBT policy violate right to association?

Businesses will still be able to continue to choose whether or not to associate with LGBT people.

Besides that, this could actually strengthen the right to association - LGBT people will be able to know beforehand on which businesses they can go to, for services, making a better informed decision as consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              No one answered my previous question yet.

How would forcing businesses to post their anti-LGBT policy violate right to association?

Businesses will still be able to continue to choose whether or not to associate with LGBT people.

Besides that, this could actually strengthen the right to association - LGBT people will be able to know beforehand on which businesses they can go to, for services, making a better informed decision as consumers.
              If you ask them maybe they will let you put your sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
                No one seriously thinks Christians are trying to follow the Bible by stoning homosexuals.
                Well there is that one candidate in CA.......
                http://patch.com/california/ranchosa...s-serious-plan
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

No one seriously thinks Christians are trying to follow the Bible by stoning homosexuals.
                  What are your thoughts then, on those American Christian leaders who influenced Uganda to pass anti-gay laws that makes being gay a crime, punishable by imprisonment or execution??

Comment

That would make him as boring as Kidicious.
                    Shhhhh!!!!!!!!! They're the same person!
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

No one seriously thinks Christians are trying to follow the Bible.
                      Fixed.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Okay, I take it that my question is being ignored, because there's no answer that can defend the claim that this law would violated the right of association.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          People also have to say what the government tells them to say in some cases. Usually, the purpose is to protect the public or to notify people of a law. This is a lot different than that. This is forcing people to say something that might harm them. Well, MrFun thinks it will harm them.
                          It's notifying people of a law that allows them to deny service to customers based on a non-voluntary genetic outcome. As for whether it would harm them, they have the freedom to not be harmed by not having such a policy if they chose. Maybe if bigots started taking on some responsibility instead of acting like freedom is some one way street, then they wouldn't be dying out like the pathetic bunch of dinosaurs they are?

Forcing people to say something should only be done for the general welfare, not for someone's personal agenda.
                          In this case, the general welfare of an extremely large demographic, homosexuals.

Anyone who wants to protect the right of businesses to publicly humiliate gays by making them enter an establishment before being turned away is a **** who should go **** themselves. I just want to be very clear about that.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            It's notifying people of a law that allows them to deny service to customers based on a non-voluntary genetic outcome. As for whether it would harm them, they have the freedom to not be harmed by not having such a policy if they chose. Maybe if bigots started taking on some responsibility instead of acting like freedom is some one way street, then they wouldn't be dying out like the pathetic bunch of dinosaurs they are?

In this case, the general welfare of an extremely large demographic, homosexuals.

Anyone who wants to protect the right of businesses to publicly humiliate gays by making them enter an establishment before being turned away is a **** who should go **** themselves. I just want to be very clear about that.
                            This is quite obviously only motivated by politics. Try being more honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                              Shhhhh!!!!!!!!! They're the same person!
                              And therefore not boring.

Comment

This is quite obviously only motivated by politics. Try being more honest.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X