No announcement yet.

Did Ross cheat on Rachel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75% agrees with me. The other 37.5% does not.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

No, she was acting emotionally. As you pointed out earlier (when conflating the hypothetical for what happened), she didn't use the logic I was expressing. You're just contradicting yourself now.

Comment

You lost me. More loopy logic.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Can I get some context here?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Just vote what I voted.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
              Again, what does it matter that he knew it was going to be short-term? They were not in a relationship. You can't not be in a relationship and demand the other person does not have sex with someone else.
              Yes you can. You can say "we are not in a relationship right now, but if you want to be in a relationship in the future you won't have sex with someone else".

In fact, that seems a pretty obvious requirement of a perspective partner to me.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Friends is on several times a day, shouldn't take mere than a week to get to the appropriate episode.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

THEY WERE ON A BREAK
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What made that situation comic gold was the fact that everyone knew that if Rachel had been the one cheating, there would be nothing Ross could say or do. He would have had to live with it.

Rachel clearly never imagined that Ross would cheat -- because for a person like Ross, the odds of getting the opportunity to cheat are assumed to be reliably remote.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

He didn't cheat though, as they weren't together at the time.

Comment

I think he's just using that term as a concession in the discussion, not because he believed it was cheating.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nuh-uh, don't call it cheating if it wasn't cheating.

Comment

Were Melman and Rachel a couple? No.

That settles it.
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              Discussion of one of the most popular television shows of all time.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                I think he's just using that term as a concession in the discussion, not because he believed it was cheating.
                                By "cheat," I meant "have sex with a woman other than Rachel."
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X