Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should atheists in America be allowed to marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    They can get married, just not in a Christian church.
    what am I misreading here?

"atheists can't get married in a christian church"
    I have no idea why having a religious ceremony is so important to people who don't believe.
    Marriage, as a religious ceremony, holds value to people who don't believe in God. Lots of atheists get married in Christian churches... whether it be love, culture, family... faith isn't the only reason to have a church wedding.

Okay. There it is. What did I get wrong?
    Last edited by Sava; August 2, 2014, 01:29. Reason: as* I FORGOT THE WORD AS
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You mean aside from the part where he said he didn't understand why a religious ceremony would be important to atheists and you interpreted that as him saying he didn't understand why marriage would be important to atheists, when Sloww specifically distinguished between marriage and a religious marriage?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He made no such distinction. It's two ****ing sentences. Can't you read?

And though my initial reaction may have been to harp on the love issue, not having a complete and thorough argument in that post DOES NOT MEAN THAT I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EXPAND UPON MY THOUGHTS

Maybe it's an issue of tone. I dunno. It seems straight forward.

I honestly don't know if you are ****ing with me right now.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Marriage, a religious ceremony,
          The key to your wrongness, that Guy pointed out, but you ignored.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            He made no such distinction. It's two ****ing sentences. Can't you read?
            Yes, I can:

"They can get married, just not in a Christian church."

Obviously you can't.

You are just making this worse on yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              The key to your wrongness, that Guy pointed out, but you ignored.
              I'm trying real hard to understand the significance of that statement... which does not appear before Guy's statement. So how can he point it out to me if I didn't say it before his post?

The cracks in your troll are showing.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

hahahahhahahahahahahaha

so I forgot the word "as" in a statement.... that's what you're going with?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Is English your second language? I'm actually being serious.

Comment

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahahaahahaahaha h

damn for a second there I thought I actually ****ed up
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"They can get married, just not in a Christian church."
                      And I'm saying Sloww is wrong... both in the morality and reality of the statement. In every conceivable sense, this statement is false. It's his personal opinion.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Thread Title says "SHOULD". Of course its personal opinion, you numbnuts.

Comment

If you want to elaborate on his thought and rewrite his sentence in your own words, maybe you can shed some light on this. I have no idea what "gotcha moment" bull**** you think you have (or why it would be at all important). I was falsely accused of saying the government would force churches to marry people.

So if there's any pwnage going on here, it's you dip****s (probably started with Guy, who was tired on a friday) making up fake arguments and saying I'm wrong about things I never said.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Thread Title says "SHOULD". Of course its personal opinion, you numbnuts.
                            WHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACE
                            WHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACEWHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACEWHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACEWHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACEWHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACEWHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACEWHEN DID I CLAIM OTHERWISE FUCKFACE

never, that's right liar liar liar
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You are a complete moron.

Comment

i dunno whats worse, stupidity? or lying?

maybe you're drunk
                                and not typing poorly
                                or benefiting from a smartphone correcting feature
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X