No announcement yet.

GUNS GUNS GERNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because some parts of your costume are deadly weapons, and the stubborn insistence on unfettered access to such things makes it easier for psychos to kill dozens of children very quickly.

But the fact this has to be pointed out to you means it's doubtful a reasoned argument will sway you.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Instead of buying guns, maybe you should pay a doctor to give you a penis.
      I did not know you were gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        Hell, that don't mean nothing. Some USN ships still had M1s aboard in the early 90s.

So conscripts got Garands and the professionals got...what? FALs? G-3s?
        M16
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Got a M1 Carbine totday. National Postal Meter reciever with a underwood Barrel. It is immaculate.

(I couldn't find my Machete)
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Goddamn, didn't the CMP run out of those? That stock looks like it's in excellent condition. Is it all matching?

I'm still mulling over what kind of gun I should get next. Currently thinking about a 6.5 grendel AR. I need to find out if bullet buttons are NY legal. I think they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Goddamn, didn't the CMP run out of those?
              The occasionally sell them through auctions. I saw this at the LGS today after I left the range, asked for the price($900), inspected it(immaculate condition, WW2 original not a reproduction like Auto-Ordnance), bought it.

I'm still mulling over what kind of gun I should get next. Currently thinking about a 6.5 grendel AR. I need to find out if bullet buttons are NY legal. I think they are.
              They were, it's unclear if the NY SAFE Act made them illegal.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Not a repro but are any of the parts repro? I'm not a milsurp expert by any means, but there's a world of difference between a gun with all matching all original parts and a gun that's been refinished, refurbished, with some new parts and maybe some serial mismatches.

But you probably bought it to shoot it, not as a milsurp collector, in which case it being refurbished and in good shape would probably be a benefit.

As to the bullet buttons, yeah I don't know what the hell is up with our new gun laws, and supposedly 10rd mags are gonna be legal again soon? cause the governor admitted he just copy/pasted **** from Bloomberg and didn't realize it banned most handguns.

Comment

Not a repro but are any of the parts repro? I'm not a milsurp expert by any means, but there's a world of difference between a gun with all matching all original parts and a gun that's been refinished, refurbished, with some new parts and maybe some serial mismatches.
                  Oh no, there are parts mismatches. As I said, Underwood Barrel and National Postal Meter reciever, for instance. The parkerization on it is great, so it's possible it was refinished at some point. The Stock is either not original, or had been preserved in Cosmoline for decades; it is in that great of condition.

The Stock appears to have a Army Ordnance Corps inspector Cartouche.
                  But you probably bought it to shoot it, not as a milsurp collector, in which case it being refurbished and in good shape would probably be a benefit.
                  Yes to both. I'm seriously considering getting a C&R...

Comment

• Thread relevant:

Comment

• Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• So cool I'm stealing it!
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I think arisakas and k98ks are kind of cool because of how ****ty they got by the end of the war. The difference between, say, a 1937 k98k and a last-ditch 1945 k98k is night and day. Same deal with pre-war/last-ditch type 99s. We're talking, no bluing/finish of any kind basically, metal parts replaced with wood, and any machining step that could be cut out was cut out.

Comment

• What's great is that in Virginia I need to show two proofs of citizenship for assault weapons(passport, voter iD card, etc), but just two proofs of residence for this.

If it had had a bayonet lug it would have been a ASSAULT WEAPON OF DEATH.

Comment

• I wasn't aware Virginia had assault weapons restrictions? Is it because it's a C&R firearm? I thought everywhere you had to show two forms of ID, for NCIS.

Comment

I wasn't aware Virginia had assault weapons restrictions? Is it because it's a C&R firearm? I thought everywhere you had to show two forms of ID, for NCIS.
                                Everywhere you had to show two forms of ID, yes, but in VA it's specifically two forms of proof of citizenship for assault-gats.

Comment

Working...
                                X