GUNS GUNS GERNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sava's gone full ******. Wow.

I love the jet fuel explosion theory. There probably isn't even enough kinetic energy in a .50 caliber bullet to ignite jet fuel.

Seriously, though, planes are actually hard to shoot down, and even if you do shoot them down, they aren't likely to just start tumbling out of the sky. You can take out both engines of a 737 and depending on the altitude and airspeed there's a decent chance that everyone will survive.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• When the aircraft is at an altitude where it can be hit and damaged by a .50 round (that's pretty damn low by the way) taking out both engines would probably be catastrophic. But that's multiple one in a million shots.

That's why real .50 caliber AA guns are mounted, water-cooled, and fully automatic with an extremely high rate of fire. Even then they aren't very useful.

Comment

• Anyway this happened

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Compensating for something?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yeah, my hybrid
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• (also it's a 9mm...hardly compensating)

Comment

• That's a pretty slim profile.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I have a Walther 9mm. I like it.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    That's a pretty slim profile.
                    Thicker than my Glock, slimmer than my Beretta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                      Thicker than my Glock, slimmer than my Beretta.
                      That's what my girlfriend said about me, in relation to her other beaus.

Comment

• Make sure you look after it. Use plenty of lubricant is my advice.

Comment

• Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            When the aircraft is at an altitude where it can be hit and damaged by a .50 round (that's pretty damn low by the way) taking out both engines would probably be catastrophic. But that's multiple one in a million shots.

That's why real .50 caliber AA guns are mounted, water-cooled, and fully automatic with an extremely high rate of fire. Even then they aren't very useful.
                            you watch one tom clancy movie and think you know everything
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                              Anyway this happened

Nice!

I got my first handgun six weeks ago. M&P9, fullsize.

Comment

• I dunno, looks sorta plasticky and flimsy to me. Tolerances don't look to hot either.

Comment

Working...
                                X