Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go Asher. You become the target.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
      Now be gone, wasting my time with your nonsense.

Plomp - You can permaban me anytime you want. I'm only here to watch the ship go down. I lost hope of site improvements shorty after you took over.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Asher: read an entire post before you respond to it.
        You gave me a couple of links, I responded to them one by one.
        Oh, sweet Jesus Christ.

Are you serious?

Read these two sentences together.

If you're not able to debate this issue in a sane way then we're done.
        It's a very sad day for Apolyton when I have to be the sane one, as I am here.

I have absolutely no respect for people without self-reflection, who say anything and everything about others, never being able to apply the same logic to themselves. Never being able to say sorry for their own faults, always giving excuses for their own behavior, never accepting explanations from others.
        You have just perfectly described yourself. Congratulations. Maybe take a few moments for self reflection...

You can rephrase your post above into something normal and sane. Then I'll debate the issue with you.
        My post was sane. Intense, and profane, but sane.

You also get 4 hours to send me a PM in which you admit all your current Double Logins. If not, then I'll close them all myself and give you a ban. One of them is a princess. I know more, but I'm sure that I don't know all, thus tell me about all of them and you'll be pardonned.
        I don't respond well to threats.

My DLs are the only thing keeping your sad sack of a site running. You have 4 hours to send me a PM in which you apologize.

PS: Wiglaf may take offense to being called a princess.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• PS: Where did this DL threat come from? Are you really that threatened by what I'm saying that you're (1) completely ignoring it, (2) trying to deflect and find excuses to ban me to shut me up?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Sidenote: I know far too much about HTTP and networking to make obvious DLs a layman like you could sniff out. Princess Peach is not mine (it's too bland and obvious, and takes positions I already have anyway so it makes no sense), and I know you've no reason at all to believe it's me (because it's not).

This site has another liar, it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              Nikolai - You said I was intolerant of anyone that disagree with me. This is an outright lie.
              I did, now? You grouped me in "the imaginary beings group". I pointed out that such a statment was not very tolerant or respectful. You then went on with this post:

Sorry, crazy is crazy.

If someone starts telling me about the truth of aliens I don't have to treat their beliefs with tolerance and respect. They're nuts.

I then pointed out the implied result:

So, only tolerance for people who agree with you or you can understand. Great stuff.

You stated quite clearly that you had no respect for me and that I was nuts. I pointed out that that would mean you didn't respect me because you clearly did not understand or agree with me. You don't have to believe like me to respect me, same as for me towards you. This is not lying. In fact, if such sketchy "proof" is needed, I could easily return the favour.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I support Ben being gone, can this be a vote?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Remember "this is not a democracy", back in the days?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    I support Ben being gone, can this be a vote?

JM
                    You just don't like him because he's Christian...Christians have a right to an opinion, too.[/plomp]

Comment

Islam is a religion, an ideology.
                      One can say everything about a religion or an ideology.

There's a difference between saying "Islam is a cruel bloodthirsty wrong evil religion" and saying "all muslims are cruel bloodthirsty wrong evil people"
                      The latter would be a bannable offense.
                      So I can say "Christianity is a retarded religion" without it being considered anti-Christian hate speech? Could I also say "Christians should not be allowed to get married. Not because I hate Christians, but because I don't like Christianity."????

I just don't approve of that lifestyle. Hate the sin, love the sinner. Christianity is evil and criminal but Christians are fantastic.
                      Last edited by giblets; June 30, 2010, 10:42.

Comment

• Umm, you and others say stuff like that and worse in just about every thread in the OT.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• No kidding. Try being a Christian Texan around here.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• dp
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              The difference is gay hatred and racism has no scientific basis, while calling religious people mentally handicapped has.
                              The link between IQ and theism is not nesecarily universal.

Example: South Korean Theistic Christians have a higher IQ than South Korean "Atheist" Buddhists.

Also calling someone mentally handicapped is not nesecarilly the same as hating them.
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• some people only have to give me an excuse to perm ban them. to get on this 'give a reason to be perm banned' your vote, Jon, is very important. Asher is imho not on that list. that may change if he won't handle the dl thing right. I don't care if he creates uses or facilitates a dl. what matters to me is the tech evidence. I wait for your explanation Asher
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X